Just Modded My Wii..Few Questions about some stuff.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Xydin, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Xydin
    OP

Newcomer Xydin Member

United States
    First off I'll give you information about my Wii.. It is 4.2u, I have everything installed and working fine.. so far.. I use Homebrew Browser, USB Loader GX and Configurable USB Loader is on there as well.

I'm not quite sure what IOS's I have.. is there a way to check? I followed the guide here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

From the guide I put these IOS's on:

cIOS202[38+60]-v4.wad
    cIOS222[38+37]-v4.wad
    cIOS223[38]-v4.wad
    cIOS249-v16.wad
    cIOS250-v16.wad
    Install IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad

And I tested loading a game from USB and it's all working well.

I was really just wondering what all I have to do to get my Gamecube backups working? I know I can't run them off of USB drives, and that I need to burn them at 4x on good quality DVD-R, and that I can use USB Loader GX to boot the disc.. What I need help with is the MIOS thing.. I'm not quite sure if I need to put an MIOS, and if I do I'm not sure which one, and will I need to do anything else besides that?

Also, is there any ways to store Wii Menu Channels on my SD Card? Everytime I go to Data Management -> Channel -> and click on SD Card my Wii freezes, is there something that I should remove from my SD Card now that I am done installing everything? I'll put what my SD Card's file setup looks like right now in this spoiler:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I'm not sure what is ok to get rid of on my SD Card, and if anything that is on there is causing my Wii to freeze when I go to Data Management -> Channels -> SD Card

My last question pertains to the Snes/GBA Emulator.. where exactly would I put the roms for them to run, and is there any way to get channels for the emulators on my Wii Menu?

Thanks in advance for any help, I hope that by increasing my own knowledge and getting a better understanding of how everything works that I can maybe help some other people in the future.

EDIT:

I completely forgot about my two other important questions.

I am looking at getting a new Wii, but I remember reading somewhere that some of the new ones can't read DVD's so I wouldn't be able to play my Gamecube backups... is there anything I should look at for to classify whether or not the new Wii will be able to play backups?

I also am going to be getting a external hard drive.. any suggestions on what has good compatability? It seems like most of the WD externals work nicely, but I figured I would ask before I spend money.

2. T1nmaN

Newcomer T1nmaN Member

Canada
    I am running a Buffalo DriveStation 500GB (since June 2009) and I hooked my friend up with a Seagate FreeAgent Go 500GB on the weekend. Both are running very well with no problems.

Some of my other friends have generic drives that I don't know what make or model, and are also pleased.

HTH

3. Xydin
    OP

Newcomer Xydin Member

United States

Ok thanks, I'll look around for those externals;

By the way I have pretty much figured out most of the stuff now, I just don't know why my Wii freezes whenever I go to Data Management -> Channels -> SD Card

4. Toader

Member Toader GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Once you installed your wads you can delete them from your SD card.

5. Xydin
    OP

Newcomer Xydin Member

United States
    Ok thanks; what about the boot.elf and the .wads in my root?

6. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Delete them.
    Bannerbomb is what's freezing your wii. Delete it

7. Xydin
    OP

Newcomer Xydin Member

United States

Thanks a ton; all better [​IMG]