just making sure about my ios's

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MaGnUmKiLLa, Sep 21, 2009.

Sep 21, 2009
  1. MaGnUmKiLLa
    OP

Member MaGnUmKiLLa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just updated my ios 249 to rev14. My question is, is there anything I need to do with ios 250? If my understanding is correct, that's just kind of a random ios rev10 puts on your wii. My ios 250 is ver65535 if that's of any help to anything. I'm just trying to make sure that I've done everything correctly. So if I've got a wrong ver on something or if there's an extra step I'm not mentioning that I should do, please, any help would be appreciated. thank you

2. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    IOS250 is a failsafe if Nintendo tries to overwrite IOS249. Nintendo can't touch IOS250 due to its ludicrous version number (the highest a Wii title's version number can go). It's also not just the rev10 installer that gives you IOS250; it's every cIOS installer since rev10 (rev11, rev12, rev13(b)...).

tl;dr: Just let it be, it's no harm. [​IMG]

3. MaGnUmKiLLa
    OP

United States
    Thx, mate. I just wanted to make sure everything was tip-top. Is there any sort of a list that has what ios's we should have and what ver number they should be? I've ran signcheck and have a list of all that but I've got no clue if it's all good. I just kind of assume so because everything seems to be working at the moment.

4. ZombiePosessor

Member ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you use DOP-IOS, it tells you what the latest version of an IOS is, I usually just go by that when I'm making sure I'm up-to-date. Which is rare...

5. MaGnUmKiLLa
    OP

United States
    yeah but, I didn't think the newest ios's were always necessarily the best?