Just made an account so that I know when the Xbox series S jailbreak comes out

2shizukasensei88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You mean the kingkong exploit, JTAG and RGH?
3 hacks that happened in 2006,2009 and 2011.

Hacking a console isn't as easy as you think.
You'd have to find a userland exploit, pair it with a kernel exploit.
You got libraries to write after successfully exploiting it, software to write, patches to create and the whole OS to figure out.
Not to mention you'll have to start making a homebrew SDK.

Porting Windows would require writing drivers not to mention that by the time it's fully exploited and usable, PCs have doubled in performance and halved in price :')

Honestly mate, if your primary concern is piracy, forget about the xbox and just get a decent PC.
Most if not all of the games will be available on PC.
I could go on and on about how you can't justify piracy and that's illegal and wrong but that would just further derail the thread.

Anyway, welcome to GBAtemp.

Well it's common knowledge that it ain't easy, but they have a DEV MODE (possibly) in the system natively, like the one in the switch, wonder why switch got hacked fast lol

sure, sure. just don't bank on that if you plan to get an xss just for piracy. you'll most likely be dissapointed

Well I'm definitely not gonna hold my breath for piracy right away, I'm gonaa sub into the gamepass first.
most devs with the skills to hack a console are against piracy. if they think that's where their work is going, they probably won't release anything.

Well most not all, and look at the switch.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well it's common knowledge that it ain't easy, but they have a DEV MODE (possibly) in the system natively, like the one in the switch, wonder why switch got hacked fast lol

Well I'm definitely not gonna hold my breath for piracy right away, I'm gonaa sub into the gamepass first.

Well most not all, and look at the switch.

Switch was hacked because Nvidia backdoored themselves.

Not sure if it's the correct one but take a look at this

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've pirated on every system since ps one, except for the switch. I never played games if I pirated them, because there was no reason to. I just downloaded and installed because I could. they usually call that pirate syndrome. it makes gaming a job for you, not something to enjoy. I didn't want that anymore, which is why I've gone legit. the only thing that's tempting with hacking the switch is to backup my saves. that's one area nintendo fucked up on.

2shizukasensei88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
yeah, look at the switch. sx os is right on track.

I'm talking about the unpatched switch, because it also has a dev mode easily accessable.

if you can sub to gamepass why worry about pirating at all? it's great value and has so many games.

Not something I can sustain tbh, can't really get a job rn, so I'll sit on the possibility if exploits for now.
Switch was hacked because Nvidia backdoored themselves.

Not sure if it's the correct one but take a look at this
don't most nintendo consoles get hacked quickly anyway? doesn't mean the xss will
yeah, @DinohScene , I don't know much about switch hacking, but I do know that it's nvidia that fucked up, not nintendo. I think the atmosphere devs even said that nintendo's security was good if not for nvidia's fuck up.

Nothing is unhackable tho, and it's cheap and powerful, so people like me who live on a shitty country will definitely jump on a system like this.

2shizukasensei88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I've pirated on every system since ps one, except for the switch. I never played games if I pirated them, because there was no reason to. I just downloaded and installed because I could. they usually call that pirate syndrome. it makes gaming a job for you, not something to enjoy. I didn't want that anymore, which is why I've gone legit. the only thing that's tempting with hacking the switch is to backup my saves. that's one area nintendo fucked up on.

Well I only pirate something, if I want to consume it, and I have limited space, I finna finish everything before I torrent something else.

but there has to be an exploit to jump on....

There will be an exploit tho...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, from what I've seen, the top hackers are in Germany. could be wrong, but I think that's where graf from the ps3 scene is from as well. that's not necessarily a place where it's difficult to find new games.

Reactions: nintenthUsiast2

nintenthUsiast2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I only pirate something, if I want to consume it, and I have limited space, I finna finish everything before I torrent something else.

There will be an exploit tho...
Do you really expect something like that to drop quickly? It might happen, but probably long after launch. It's just not something you should rely on happening

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this possibility is why sony joined hacker one. it's to get rid of any day 0 exploits asap. there's a day 0 exploit that's going to be disclosed at blackhat in Europe between December 7th and 10th of this year. it's for the ps4. it's a webkit exploit that's existed since firmware 1.00, and possibly is still unpatched. they mention 6.xx firmwares, so it might've been patched after that.

Reactions: nintenthUsiast2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs