ROM Hack Just look at these screens for this homebrew.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
OP
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
marbldsbox.jpg

PAlib is easy and fun!

I've started a game that I think is kind of cool, but of course I do since I made it. All the graphics (sans font!), sound effects and music I've come up with in the last couple days. I even photoshopped that planet and fake box art. (I totally messed up and there's a fat line in the middle.) I do indeed borrow many techniques from some tutorials, but oh well.

Basically, you play as a marble. The direction pad makes you build momentum in one direction. You can also jump and dash.
It's also not bad visually, I'd like to imagine. not too bad for 80% MS Paint, 20% Photoshop.

marble0.png

Best time and previous time are saved by SRAM. PAlib is really nice.

marble1.png

This demo is a tutorial level with instructions on the top screen.

marble2.png

I might have made that part too tricky...

You can download a zip with the compiled versions here. The demo uses sound as well as hardware rotation. So to play it perfectly, you should really use the real hardware.
If you must use an emulator, please use DualiS. It's the only one right now that I've tried that can emulate both the rotation and the sound. Even then, the sound emulation isn't perfect. Believe me, I've checked around.

If you just want the background music from the demo (why?) You could get it here.

leetdood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've been playing it on DualiS, since I don't have my DS at the moment. It's pretty good, but i wanted to know if it's supposed to stop at
untitledjp0.png

or is that something to do with DualiS?

Anyway, amazing game. Hope you keep it up!
tongue.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep that's the end, with the boingy wall and the robot voice.
I really like stuff like this.. it reminds me of the little bb-shot maze games you get at the dime store.

edit: I guess they're called dollar stores now... inflation and all that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1