Hacking Just installed the wiikey, little help please?

guest01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I just installed a wiikey in order to play brawl and I can't get it to work properly. I've sort of been flying blind so far, so maybe somebody can tell me what to do.

I ordered a wiikey, and it got here with no problems. The thing is, the envelope it came in had only the wiikey in it. no discs, no instructions, etc. No big deal, I looked online for soldering instructions and firmware updates, so I've installed the chip and burned dual-layer brawl, dual layer brickblocked brawl and single layer brawl. The thing is none of them worked.

I think the problem is the way I set it up. When I got the wiikey installed for the first time, I put in the 1.9g update disc and updated it, then tried to play. I did not use the 1.2 disc or any sort of setup or config disc (does such a thing even exist?). 1.9g updated fine, but now I don't know what to do. brawl won't play and I tried putting in a 1.2 disc but the wii won't recognize it. I made a pikmin 2 backup to test if the wiikey was working at all, and it plays fine but I can't get the wii to recognize brawl or any of the older firmware discs.

can someone give me advice here? thanks in advance.

xtc

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
did you set your wiikey as region free? or did you apply the regionfrii to the SSBB DL disc?

guest01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
how do I set me wiikey to region-free? I cannot use the 1.2 setup disc, only 1.9
is there some other way to change the settings?

guest01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
okay, the 1.3 disc wouldnt work but I found the GCOS 1.3 config disc, which did. burned it and it woked like a charm, SSBB is updating right now *crossing fingers*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: