Hacking Just installed the BigBlueBox Menu... Unwrap the gift "title manager" always needed ?

RenegadeKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone !

I just installed the BigBlueBox Menu on my 2DS with 9.2.

Everything's been working so far.

But I still have a question please.

Everytime I reset my console, when I launch the exploit and go to emunand, it always tells me that I received a gift, so I always need to unwrap the gift for "title manager" when I want to use it.

I have been reading online that it is because the emunand and the sysnand share the same folder.
The cia game files always must be unwrapped.

Is that correct?

Is it that same thing for the "title manager" ?

Thank you !

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you :)

When you say "less stuffs installed", do you mean "legit games purchased on eshop or game saves, roms"?

Exactly that, legit stuff. If you don't really have anything in your sysnand, it's easier to just format it without the SD card inserted. That way emunand will keep everything.

RenegadeKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In fact, I'm using two different SD cards. one with my legit games purchased online, and the other one with the emunand on it.

I don't know if this makes a difference or not.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In fact, I'm using two different SD cards. one with my legit games purchased online, and the other one with the emunand on it.

I don't know if this makes a difference or not.

Doesn't make much different. Your real NAND (sysnand) is in the console, not in the SD card. So if you format it, it will lose the information of which folder it should look for the system files (the ones inside the Nintendo 3DS folder in your SD card). So it would create a new folder instead, regardless of which SD card you're using.

And if you format emunand instead, you'll have to do it in the SD card that currently has emunand so the fact of using different SD cards makes no impact whatsoever as well.

RenegadeKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Doesn't make much different. Your real NAND (sysnand) is in the console, not in the SD card. So if you format it, it will lose the information of which folder it should look for the system files (the ones inside the Nintendo 3DS folder in your SD card). So it would create a new folder instead, regardless of which SD card you're using.

And if you format emunand instead, you'll have to do it in the SD card that currently has emunand so the fact of using different SD cards makes no impact whatsoever as well.

I got it, your explanations are very clear, thank you !

Well I guess it's safer and better for me to format the emunand, I didn't purchase anything while using the emunand, I only downloaded game updates, installed only one cia file which is the themes.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly that, legit stuff. If you don't really have anything in your sysnand, it's easier to just format it without the SD card inserted. That way emunand will keep everything.
Excuse me for hijacking the thread
I've read a lot on other threads as well that it's advised to remove SD card when formatting sysnand
Question is, what will happen if we don't?
Is it any different than when formatting emunand, since we can't remove SD card when formatting emunand

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Excuse me for hijacking the thread
I've read a lot on other threads as well that it's advised to remove SD card when formatting sysnand
Question is, what will happen if we don't?
Is it any different than when formatting emunand, since we can't remove SD card when formatting emunand

Formatting sysnand means deleting anything also linked to it, like the files in your SD card. So unless you want your SD's contents deleted, it's wise to remove the SD card before trying to format sysnand ;)

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Formatting sysnand means deleting anything also linked to it, like the files in your SD card. So unless you want your SD's contents deleted, it's wise to remove the SD card before trying to format sysnand ;)
Okay. But how about when formatting emunand?
Like when you unlink sysnand and emunand, and decided to format emunand instead of sysnand. You don't remove SD card while doing so (because the emunand is in the SD card). Or did I understand it wrong?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay. But how about when formatting emunand?
Like when you unlink sysnand and emunand, and decided to format emunand instead of sysnand. You don't remove SD card while doing so (because the emunand is in the SD card). Or did I understand it wrong?

Exactly, emunand in stored in a different partition inside the SD card so removing it would make the console crash. I can only assume that the reason why it doesn't delete anything other than your emunand stuff is because of having some check of it or due to the emunand being stored in the SD card. I can't say for sure since I never looked into it to find out.

All you need to know basically is that to format emunand (through the option in the settings), you can't remove your SD card and that to format sysnand, you need to remove your SD card.

Reactions: parkour

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly, emunand in stored in a different partition inside the SD card so removing it would make the console crash. I can only assume that the reason why it doesn't delete anything other than your emunand stuff is because of having some check of it or due to the emunand being stored in the SD card. I can't say for sure since I never looked into it to find out.

All you need to know basically is that to format emunand (through the option in the settings), you can't remove your SD card and that to format sysnand, you need to remove your SD card.
Ah okay then. Thanks a lot for your explanation

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat