Hacking Just Installed Switch To My Wii :) (wiikey)

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i just installed a switch into my wii and it works great it was a quick and easy job

all you need to do is wire the switch between the wiikey and board on the red connection
WiikeySwitch.jpg

heres my wii all done the switch is the blue wire

dscf0288sz9.jpg

dscf0289ak3.jpg

and the case
tongue.gif

switchvr8.jpg

switch1nw6.jpg

ricadoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
tomqman said:
well i just installed a switch into my wii and it works great it was a quick and easy job

all you need to do is wire the switch between the wiikey and board on the red connection
WiikeySwitch.jpg

heres my wii all done the switch is the blue wire

dscf0288sz9.jpg

dscf0289ak3.jpg

Good job. Later please let us know whether ori SBBB works or not. thanks

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice work. Where did you buy the switch? i'm trying to buy one online but i can not find one anywhere.

EDIT: and what if you get a switch which has three pins, do you just ignore the middle pin?

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
If you buy a switch online, the postage will be more than the component. Just go to an electronics shop, they cost almost nothing.

Salamantis: Through the side vents? Above the USB ports? Have you ever opened your Wii? There's many places it could go.

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They are $3 at Radio Shack. I grabbed one yesterday but I couldn;t find my tri-wing screwdriver. HAd to order a new tri-wing which won't be in till next week. :sigh:

tomqman

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i got it for £1.89 from maplins. and i took the bottom dust cover off and it pokes out there causing no damage to the case. and it also hides it away in the stand. i dont have a real copy of brawl yet
frown.gif
or dvd9 so cant test that. but have test it and when i switch if it off my backups dont read and then they do when its on
smile.gif

Updated Photos at First Post

DcThePurger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is this switch called and what materials do you need for the job? also how long does it take to install one?

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Instead of cutting my Wii or doing other stupidity, I just wired my switch out of the little slot for the white plastic flaps where the GameCube ports are. It hangs out the top of the Wii, looks terrible, but it does it's job.

wiikeyswitch.jpg

Skull Kid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this absolutely the only way to disable a Wiikey without removing it? If so, would it be worth it to install a switch just for Brawl or just wait for a Wiikey update if it is close?

tomqman

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mercluke said:
whats the circled one for?
untitled-5.jpg

i broke a trace and it stopped my wii working so that wire fixes the broken trace

Skull Kid said:
Is this absolutely the only way to disable a Wiikey without removing it? If so, would it be worth it to install a switch just for Brawl or just wait for a Wiikey update if it is close?

i think it is but also this switch could help in the future to as who knows what nintendo might do.

QUOTE(DcThePurger @ Mar 7 2008, 11:00 PM)
what is this switch called and what materials do you need for the job? also how long does it take to install one?

its just a cheap switch from any electronics store
you need some thin wire (cant remeber the type of wire lol), soldering iron, solder, tri-wing screwdriver, small phillips screw driver and skill.
it takes about 10-20 mins

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I am getting someone to install a switch for my Wiikey. Geting back my Wii on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
metroid_phobia said:
Nice work. Where did you buy the switch? i'm trying to buy one online but i can not find one anywhere.

EDIT: and what if you get a switch which has three pins, do you just ignore the middle pin?
Go to your local electronic store they will have thousands of switches

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs