Hacking Just installed mochip and have a couple questions

owvp702

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using the twilight hack and the backup launcher to play my games before yesterday. Last night i installed the Drivekey modchip and had some questions.

1. I read the compatiblity list while using a mod chip is a lot larger than using the soft mod for backups, if this is the case will all backups use the modchip now that it's installed even if I launch the game through the "Backup Launcher" homebrew program instead of the disk menu?

2. I was able to get Madworld to work fine after installing the wads and running the game through the "Backup Launcher" but after I installed the modchip, instead of the game showing up under the disk menu it shows "System Update" and tells me I need to update the system. What's up with that?

3. If I update the Wii with the latest nintendo system update will this only effect some homebrew programs or is there other things that it will effect?

Thanks

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was using the twilight hack and the backup launcher to play my games before yesterday. Last night i installed the Drivekey modchip and had some questions.
The worst chip ever
wtf.gif
it reads at 3X just like the Gamma Launcher but it is your choice
tongue.gif

1. I read the compatiblity list while using a mod chip is a lot larger than using the soft mod for backups, if this is the case will all backups use the modchip now that it's installed even if I launch the game through the "Backup Launcher" homebrew program instead of the disk menu?
I haven't heard of a game unable to run on a softmodded Wii since Gamma came out, so no idea of what are you talking about when you say "larger", but the games will run at 3X anyway it doesn't matter if you use the launcher or the Disc Channel, but if you had a better modchip then, using cIOS38_r8 your backups and originals would run at 6X, and if you have cIOS36_r7 your backups or originals will run at 3X according to waninkoko's info

2. I was able to get Madworld to work fine after installing the wads and running the game through the "Backup Launcher" but after I installed the modchip, instead of the game showing up under the disk menu it shows "System Update" and tells me I need to update the system. What's up with that?
If you are in 3.2 install starfall or preloader to block updates from discs, if not on 3.2.....then downgrade to 3.2

3. If I update the Wii with the latest nintendo system update will this only effect some homebrew programs or is there other things that it will effect?
If you update to 3.4, and you have a cIOS already installed, then the only thing you'll be unable to do is launch the Guitar Hero Customs as they're fake signed and 3.3 and 3.4 block any discs fake signed

...!!!
smile.gif

owvp702

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Wasn't there any benifits of me spending money on this damn chip besides the read speed? I read the 3x thing after I had already ordered it.

2. So I can still start the game from the disk channel even though it says System Update as long as I enable the update blocker on the chip?

3. So don't do the wii system updates because I wont be able to play any backups, right? (besides the GHC)

Thanks for the info. BTW.....I bought the DriveKey because I have a board with Epoxy on it and I like I said I wasn't aware of the read speed till after I ordered it.

Thanks for the info

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
owvp702 said:
1. Wasn't there any benifits of me spending money on this damn chip besides the read speed? I read the 3x thing after I had already ordered it.

Not realy, sorry...only updating is maybe a bit "safer" for you...you don't realy have to worry that an Update will delete the cIOS. Modchips are safe for now and for a long time... (Oh, and I don't recommend to update...pretty useless...3.2 ROCKS!!!). So basicly, and I'm sorry...no, I don't think so...

2. So I can still start the game from the disk channel even though it says System Update as long as I enable the update blocker on the chip?

As long as you see the Update-Logo in the Channel, NO. Check if the Update-blocker is realy enabled, if it won't work, try Starfall or Preloader. It should display the Disc-Banner, not the Update-Image!!!

3. So don't do the wii system updates because I wont be able to play any backups, right? (besides the GHC)

Modchips won't be disabled with an Update..they still work after that...so if you have a Modchip, you can update to 3.4, you'll still be able to read backups. And GHCustoms can you launch through GeckoOS. They should work, even on 3.4, I think.

Thanks for the info. BTW.....I bought the DriveKey because I have a board with Epoxy on it and I like I said I wasn't aware of the read speed till after I ordered it.

Thanks for the info

~Blue-K

mastergatuno

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, my Modchip can't read Pro Evolution Soccer 2009... It's already 3.4U and dosen't work. I think its better to use SoftChip (i'm going to install one when I burn Twilight Princess).

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

You can also use WiiBrickBlocker on the ISO before burning to block the update.

I have 3.4U and WiiKey1, and I can play GH Custom discs using GeckoOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple