just installed homebrew channel on 4.1e what now?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by paul3100, Aug 2, 2009.

1. paul3100
    OP

Member paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Hi all

sorry to be jumping in with a new topic when there are probably thousands but i need to do this quickly as i only have the console for today as its a friends!

So i have a wii with 4.1e already installed (from virtual tennis or tigerwoods 10 game) and have just used bannerbomb to install the homebrew channel , what next?

I have an external h/d already set up with games on it so am looking for a way to install cIOS36_rev14-Installer.dol as i get ret errors and anything else required to be able to play backups/usbloadwer backups and wads :-)

thank you

paul

2. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
  3. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If you want to follow that guide posted, skip steps 9-11 and replace step 8 with that rev14 installer you have and have it use IOS36 when it prompts for what IOS to use. (Assuming you have wifi and are following the online guide.) You can also skip preloader too if you don't want to deal with it.

Edit: Also no game currently has the 4.1 update so if it's on 4.1, it's not because of a disc update.

4. paul3100
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thank you so much for your help guys .

i have only one problem now and that is when i switch the wii on i can only get it to boot to either the hbc or the pre loader channel! , i can't see any options to uninstall pre loader or to stop disk updates or to boot straight to system menu !!! help please..

paul
    EDIT: ok got the booting to normal system menu now :-)

5. paul3100
    OP

United Kingdom
    One final question if know one minds???

Whats the best usbloader to use with rev 14? im actually looking for a wad/channel as the owner has no sdcard and wants to be able to load from sys menu...

cheers

6. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    I think an forwarder to an 0,50$ 128mb sd card is better than any loader that you can install to the Wii because they are mostly very old.

7. paul3100
    OP

United Kingdom
    ok then could you please or someone link me or tell me the name of the best usbloader .dol or .wad/channel to fix the 002 error and also a forwarder just for the task...

thank you... paul