Homebrew just installed hbl, cant get gpsp (gba emulator) to work

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got hbl to work, I had found a list of different emulators on here for it, the gba emulator that comes w/ the starter kit I can get to work, I haven't tried any other emulators exept that one (mgba) and gpsp. I followed the instructions on the emulator page, yes I got the bios, (unbugged version), renamed it, put it in the root of my sd card. but when I tried to play a game (defender) the emulator crashed, sorry cant exactly remember what it said at the moment, but it was something like it didn't have enough ram or something, but anyways, when I tried to exit the emulator, it was completely frozen. I had to reset my 3ds and I tried the other emulator and hey it works alright, but the sound is a lil garbled I guess. this is the tutorial I used: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...n-one-noobs-guide-snes-gb-gbc-gba-nes.395961/

running on n3ds w/ vers. 9.9.0-26 I am using soundhax to get to the hbl. I don't know what I did wrong,

also what are other suggestions for other emulators just curious, I have gameyob,FCEUMM3D, Mednafen NGP,Pcsx ReARMed,Genesis Plus GX, and catsfc. sorry if this last part Is a lil off topic

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe gPSP requires certain firmware versions (or CFW) to run as it relies on svcBackDoor. Since you are on a suitable firmware version already, why not install a9lh and Luma cfw using the guide https://3ds.guide/ ? With CFW you not only get better homebrew support (as cia format homebrew can be more stable, especially for things like dynarec and save game import/exporting) not to mention the ability to run all games at the faster n3DS clock speeds (which can really help with some games).

Trophies
XP
just got hbl to work, I had found a list of different emulators on here for it, the gba emulator that comes w/ the starter kit I can get to work, I haven't tried any other emulators exept that one (mgba) and gpsp. I followed the instructions on the emulator page, yes I got the bios, (unbugged version), renamed it, put it in the root of my sd card. but when I tried to play a game (defender) the emulator crashed, sorry cant exactly remember what it said at the moment, but it was something like it didn't have enough ram or something, but anyways, when I tried to exit the emulator, it was completely frozen. I had to reset my 3ds and I tried the other emulator and hey it works alright, but the sound is a lil garbled I guess. this is the tutorial I used: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...n-one-noobs-guide-snes-gb-gbc-gba-nes.395961/

running on n3ds w/ vers. 9.9.0-26 I am using soundhax to get to the hbl. I don't know what I did wrong,

also what are other suggestions for other emulators just curious, I have gameyob,FCEUMM3D, Mednafen NGP,Pcsx ReARMed,Genesis Plus GX, and catsfc. sorry if this last part Is a lil off topic
Get cfw boi

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read that tutorial awhile back, it has changed a lot, for instance, I remember it telling you to re-format the sd card numerous times, and creating a partition w/ tiny partition I think it's called,

btw I don't have access to the internet all the time, and I don't have a pc lol I have went through this before a long time ago.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I read that tutorial awhile back, it has changed a lot, for instance, I remember it telling you to re-format the sd card numerous times, and creating a partition w/ tiny partition I think it's called,

btw I don't have access to the internet all the time, and I don't have a pc lol I have went through this before a long time ago.

Yes, they made it much easier now but you do need access to PC (Mac/Linux is fine) that you can run a torrent client on.

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol my phone can run a torrent client!!!! I can see it is much easier now btw,, one I don't see is,, when you copy your nand file (sysnand) where do you put it,, or when do you put it back?? and I didn't know you can take out an sd card from a running 3ds lol, I would've thought that'd mess something up. And would I need to downgrade to 9.2 I don't even remember why you had to do that anymore

do you guyz know how nervous it makes me thinking about hacking the 3ds all the way lol, at least now it seems like WAAAAYY less chance of bricking,, that's part of why I never tried it before, why risk it, I paid too much for it. and I can just do my surveys and buy 3ds games, they are getting pretty cheap these days. I mostly just wanted emulators for it anyways.

Last edited by mike a,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte