Hacking Just installed b9s and luma 8.1, have several questions.

miss_nakano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I currently has luma 8.1 and b9s. I have bbm replacing health. My questions:

1)I would like to system format it for some reason, is it okay to do this?what will I lose?Will I lose bbm/luma 8.1/health bbm?

2)I want to upgrade to 128gb msd(currently using 8gb). I heard it is problematic with bbm. But my only cia installer is bbm for now(health). What should I do and which Cia installer do you recommend that work with 128gb msd?

3) currently I am on 11.4. I would like to use GW again if possible. What should be done in order to use it again?

4.This is a japanese system. Do you recommend changing the region to US or should I leave it be? I only want to be able to play all region game with all their dlc.

Thanks!

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. You won't lose your cfw when you system restore.

2.i recommend installing fbi to install your cias. I have no problem using it with a 64gb card.

3. Gateway has no support him 11.4 onward.

4. With luma and access to freeshop there is no reason to change the system region except for preference.

Reactions: miss_nakano
D

Deleted User

1)I would like to system format it for some reason, is it okay to do this?what will I lose?Will I lose bbm/luma 8.1/health bbm?

2)I want to upgrade to 128gb msd(currently using 8gb). I heard it is problematic with bbm. But my only cia installer is bbm for now(health). What should I do and which Cia installer do you recommend that work with 128gb msd?

3) currently I am on 11.4. I would like to use GW again if possible. What should be done in order to use it again?

4.This is a japanese system. Do you recommend changing the region to US or should I leave it be? I only want to be able to play all region game with all their dlc.

Thanks!
If you format your 3ds,you will lose your installed games until you restore a NAND backup that was made before you formatted.

Reactions: miss_nakano

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Thanks!
1. You'll only lose stuff that's on the SD card in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, that includes installed games and saves. H&S inject and B9S is stored on NAND so that won't be lost. You can back up your saves with JKSM if you don't want to lose them.
2. Switch to FBI, it's much better.
3. Make an emuNAND for Gateway and downgrade it to 11.2 (last firmware GW supports) with ctrtransfer or sysupdater.
4. If you don't mind the home menu and settings etc. being in Japanese, no point. Note that if you make an emuNAND for Gateway I don't think GW supports region changing so you'll have to leave that in Japanese. Also eShop access won't work after a region change.

miss_nakano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1. You'll only lose stuff that's on the SD card in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, that includes installed games and saves. H&S inject and B9S is stored on NAND so that won't be lost. You can back up your saves with JKSM if you don't want to lose them.
2. Switch to FBI, it's much better.
3. Make an emuNAND for Gateway and downgrade it to 11.2 (last firmware GW supports) with ctrtransfer or sysupdater.
4. If you don't mind the home menu and settings etc. being in Japanese, no point. Note that if you make an emuNAND for Gateway I don't think GW supports region changing so you'll have to leave that in Japanese. Also eShop access won't work after a region change.

Thank you for the very detailed infos :)

Wow so you actually can downgrade an emunand to 11.2 and use GW over there!? This is the best solution and I am safe from bricking my sysnand too! Faster then waiting for the never-coming 11.4+ support
:(
I dont mind the japanese menu at all. I've memorized their function. I will the region as it is.Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.