DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
We all know that you can pause (suspend) a game so you can access other OS stuff, like a notepad, internet browser, etc., but...

Will such multi-tasking allow, say, the audio player (with a playlist of MP3/AAC) to run while using the internet browser, or even playing a 3DS game? What about other possible (and logical) combinations?

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish we could listen to music while playing the games...but I somewhat doubt we will be able to ....the only time I've ever seen that supported on on the 360...

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
DiscostewSM said:
We all know that you can pause (suspend) a game so you can access other OS stuff, like a notepad, internet browser, etc., but...

Will such multi-tasking allow, say, the audio player (with a playlist of MP3/AAC) to run while using the internet browser, or even playing a 3DS game? What about other possible (and logical) combinations?
Notepad, Messages(what you've played, who you've passed), Freinds List & Browser.

Nothing else.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who doesn't care what else we can do while playing a game? Seriously, I never feel the need to disrupt a quality game to open notepad, web-browser, or my music just for the sake of it. If mulit-tasking was a full-fledged feature of the 3DS, I'd never use it, because it isn't needed for me. I just want to play the games as they are.

Okami Wolfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. I just wanna play a game. If I need a walkthru, I'll go to my computer. If I need to write something down, I'll grab a sticky and a pencil.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okami Wolfen said:
Exactly. I just wanna play a game. If I need a walkthru, I'll go to my computer. If I need to write something down, I'll grab a sticky and a pencil.
You outside just near a wifi point, not near a computer and without a sticky and a pencil, what now?

Plus it just convenient...

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Rydian said:
Okami Wolfen said:
Exactly. I just wanna play a game. If I need a walkthru, I'll go to my computer.
Do you relaly believe that evebody plays their handhelds at or near their computer?

I believe the pronoun is "I"

He's just saying what he thinks.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
It's a nice addition to have though, you have to admit, Miss I-Play-And-Look-At-Walkthrough-At-The-Same-Time-At-A-Computer-And-Hold-A-Pen-And-Postit's.
No other multi-tasking is needed imo, though again it'd be nice.
More of a PC thing to do multi-tasking though, not a handheld games machine.

MizuInu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Extremely useful for puzzle game like Layton and Zelda or any RPG or adventure game to keep track of what going on or just to take note of stuff.

Also handy as…a note pad if you are outside and forgot your cell phone or book and only have a 3DS, you can scribble stuff.
Anyway it is much more convenient for me to write stuff on my DS than manually enter on my old cellphone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.