Just had an idea for a casemod on the DS...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by darkangel5000, Jul 7, 2008.

1. darkangel5000
    OP

Member darkangel5000 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Yea... I came up with the idea while I was thinking of if I would order a Crimson/Black or again a White case, so thats my idea:

I really like that dual-molded-transparency-thing on my white DS, but after seeing that the crimson/black case looks nowhere like it would have it, I thought about getting a crystal clear and one crimson/black (or a plain black) case. So that I could spray paint the clear case with some metallic red paint on the top and the lower half with black paint. The innard parts of the DS would be the ones from the black case, since my thumbs like it matt... [​IMG]

For everyone who still didn't get what I mean: The DS will look like a normal crimson/black one, but it would look like it has these dual-molded-transparency-whateveritiscalled thing.

So do you think it would look anygood, or is it just another shitty idea I came up with in the depths of the night? [​IMG]

p.s.: I hope this is the right forum... but I'm fairly sure... [​IMG]

~Darki

2. 610925

Newcomer 610925 Member

United States
    Seriously?
    [​IMG]
    dude why waste the money?
    plus it would either come out looking half as good as the normal crimson/black or it would look good but no one would recognize the difference.
    Not worth the trouble.

My 0.02$

3. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    So you want the looks of the Crimson one with the feel of the White one?

I personally like the rough feel of the Crimson one compared to the smoothness/thickness of the White one

4. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    Just remember, as you are going to be spraying the inside, all the bits that aren't flat will look very strange from the outside, and you would probably be advised to avoid screw-holes, tabs and sliders... which makes it even more complicated...

So it would be possible, though it would not look like it was dual-injection [​IMG] and it would be tricky to do.