Hacking just hacked nephews wii and having a few problems

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is a wii over 2.5 years old , was at 4.1 so used bannerbomb and hackmi to install bootmi. it let me install as boot 2, so now have bootmi setup, made an apps folder and put gekoos newest version in it , tried to play a backup and through gekoos and neogamma and results were no dvd found.
i think i need to update his ios w/ a wad installer but an having problems installing wad installer through homebrew channel. do u guys think this is the case? remember no games will boot just says no dvd found , what to do

ps i was thinking about updating to 4.2 but then wont i lose bootmi

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ummmmm, did you install a cIOS? Use cIOS38 Rev14 installer and then report back, it sounds like you missed that and use neogamma, geckoos is for modchips

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i used custom ios installer 2.0 and installed ios 38 as a wad and of course it said install error ret= -20ll. what do i do from here , my sis is bitching at me on the phone saying u better not break his wii and im ready to tell her to f off cause i had 20 little kids at the house for a bday pty and sorry guys my brain is fried (yours would be too if u had my day) so someone tell me in step order how to get this ios instelled so he can play backups thanks

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
and when you have completed the install and are able to play back ups tell teh sis that the wii broked and will need to buy a new one lol

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so wait im getting restore trucha bug then install cios249r14 , and also use xzeros simplistic mod guide but i have read the guide 3x and that would mean i would have to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 to use his guide and i dont want to do that right

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no just get the compiled pack and then follow the steps from the modify4.2 section the trucha bug restorer steps and then you could skip the any title deleter steps and install your cIOS

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok guys now my big problem , my pc was hijacked from downloading a simbin racing game so im trying to run combofix to fix problem, so in the meantime i cant navigate to download the cios249r14 file because the damn pc takes me to a hijacked site anytime i go to google , could someone maybe pm me

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
this hijacking is just a simple script that redirects sites to to the one in question.
if your not using firefox. get it and scan your pc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn