Hacking Just Hacked my switch for the first time when i launch the album in menu i get error 2144-0001 (0x290)

Mfridtdan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
HI
I just hacked my switch yesterday so i m a big NOOB ;) I got Hekate V 5.6.2 running and when i launch CFW (sysMMC) Atmosphere 1.1.1 it sems like everything is fine but when i try to use the album to see my Homebrew APPs i get an error.

Error Code: 2144-0001 (0x290)

Anybody know what i can do or what i did wrong?

By the way im using a Mac :)

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HI
I just hacked my switch yesterday so i m a big NOOB ;) I got Hekate V 5.6.2 running and when i launch CFW (sysMMC) Atmosphere 1.1.1 it sems like everything is fine but when i try to use the album to see my Homebrew APPs i get an error.

Error Code: 2144-0001 (0x290)

Anybody know what i can do or what i did wrong?

By the way im using a Mac :)
Typically, that error refers to something not being updated. As it is happening when booting the HBMenu, is there a hbmenu.nro which is from the latest version of Atmosphere? If you aren't sure, then you should open the zip file for the latest version and copy it over and overwrite if there is one. Even though it is an nro file, you don't put it in the "switch" folder. It must go on the root of the SD card (Where you see the folders "atmosphere", "switch", etc).

Reactions: Mfridtdan

Mfridtdan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Typically, that error refers to something not being updated. As it is happening when booting the HBMenu, is there a hbmenu.nro which is from the latest version of Atmosphere? If you aren't sure, then you should open the zip file for the latest version and copy it over and overwrite if there is one. Even though it is an nro file, you don't put it in the "switch" folder. It must go on the root of the SD card (Where you see the folders "atmosphere", "switch", etc).
Hi Thanks for the fast reply.

There is a nx-hbmenu.nro which i downloaded through sdsetup withn atmosphere and it is in the root of the SD.

Does it matter what SD card is named ?

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Thanks for the fast reply.

There is a nx-hbmenu.nro which i downloaded through sdsetup withn atmosphere and it is in the root of the SD.

Does it matter what SD card is named ?
I think it does matter what it is called. I just tried changing the name of mine to nx-hbmenu.nro and I get the exact same error. Change the name of it to hbmenu.nro and it hopefully should fix it. The SD card can be named anything.

I also would recommend to boot into HBmenu by holding the right bumper and launching a game. It gets access to more memory by doing that and some homebrew requires it.

Reactions: Mfridtdan

Mfridtdan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I think it does matter what it is called. I just tried changing the name of mine to nx-hbmenu.nro and I get the exact same error. Change the name of it to hbmenu.nro and it hopefully should fix it. The SD card can be named anything.

I also would recommend to boot into HBmenu by holding the right bumper and launching a game. It gets access to more memory by doing that and some homebrew requires it.
Wow i changed the name and now it works thank you so much!! :)

Reactions: Tomato123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...