Just got this for $90... plus unknown FC

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Dartz150, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Dartz150
    OP

Dartz150 GBATemp Official Lolicon Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Sorry for the blurry photos.

The main thing is, that I got my hands on a 3DS that was in a pawn store for $90 ($950 in Mexican pesos), is the pink from the bottom, with FW 4.5

Is nearly unused, but the weird thing is that it came with a flashcard, snd it seems is unable to load anything, or I'm a noob about FC, because I only use RXtools.

It's named "3DS Link", so I suppose it is some kind of gateway clone.

Anyone who have that FC could please share it's thoughts about it and how to boot it?

Last edited by Dartz150, Jul 21, 2015
  2. Megaben99

Megaben99 I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
  3. azublazer

azublazer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2015
    United States
    Seems to be a GW clone that only work on 4.1 to 4.5 firmware. Maybe the user sold it to the pawn shop and the pawn shop owners updated it while testing to see if it works. Or maybe the original owner updated it themselves, hence why they pawned it all.

4. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Last update August 2014.... Should probably look into a new card since emuNAND may not play newer games if they aren't supporting that card anymore.

5. Dartz150
    OP

Dartz150 GBATemp Official Lolicon Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    Sorry, I meant 4.5, I already downloaded necesary files and now it works:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I can feel now why most of 3DS users prefer Gateway over CFW, you just drop the roms in the SD and load them, no need to install each .cia (wich takes a lot of time)

Anyway, I just feel more comfortable using CFW, maybe I will sell this, but before going to copy every rom the SD came with, it has A LOT of .3ds games inside.

Last edited by Dartz150, Jul 21, 2015
    Maximilious and Megaben99 like this.