Hardware Just got the Mayflash GCN to WiiU & PC adapter, but having some trouble

NeatNit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I just got the adapter in the mail, after a pretty long wait... It's finally here! I immediately tested it out on Smash on the Wii U, and from my quick session, it seems to work great!

The problem I'm having, though, is that the PC driver (the one from www.mayflash.com/Support/Download ) doesn't let me calibrate the L and R analog triggers. At least, I didn't find the option to do that! The game I tested with is Next Car Game / Wreckfest, and it seems to always be getting a liiittttle input from both triggers. Since one is brake and the other is gas, it tends to mess up the game completely.

Here's the driver window (post-calibration):
fcc1eb58a947e571605a106e7a5388f1.png

and with both triggers fully pressed:
9400d317595b75daa9bf50ab5645ebf5.png

I suspect that the bars should be completely empty when not pressed, and completely full when pressed. As is clearly see, they're CLOSE to empty when not pressed, and CLOSE to full when pressed. Problem.

Has anyone had this problem? Have you solved it? How?

Thanks a ton!

NeatNit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Well, it wasn't easy, but I managed to solve it!

Two registry keys need to be added. For those of you who are interested and knowledgeable enough to make sense of this, I'll post them down below. If you don't know what this is, you probably shouldn't be touching this and if you start doing stuff you don't understand you might end up wrecking your PC beyond repair, so be warned!

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0079&PID_1843\Calibration\0\Type\Axes\3]
"Calibration"=hex:1f,00,00,00,67,00,00,00,b0,00,00,00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_0079&PID_1843\Calibration\0\Type\Axes\4]
"Calibration"=hex:25,00,00,00,6a,00,00,00,b0,00,00,00

The top one (axis 3) is the left trigger, the right (axis 4) is the right trigger. THE FULL REGISTRY PATH WILL PROBABLY BE DIFFERENT FOR YOU!

There's three important bytes in the calibration code. The first (1f in my axis 3) is the point at which the axis is considered to be at 0. The second (67) is the middle point, just calculate it to be exactly between the other two (we want the range to be continuous so better not put it anywhere but the middle), and lastly, (b0) is the point at which the axis is considered to be full.

You should tweak both of these keys so that the calibration screen looks like this when neither trigger is pressed:
91bf081304b4aef747476a5fd7f7ea57.png

and like this when they're both pressed:
dc0c9ab5d8dd6f01b66ca44af5f84727.png

Note: I recommend calibrating it so the bar reaches full BEFORE you press the trigger button (buttons 5 and 6), not after.

Hope this helps people, have fun :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.