Just got Supercard One, have a few questins

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by gamadaya, Apr 4, 2009.

Apr 4, 2009
  1. gamadaya
    OP

Newcomer gamadaya Member

United States
    So I read the manual on line, got myself acquainted the the user interface, and downloaded some games. The first one I'm testing is Chinatown Wars, simply because it's the game I will be playing a lot, and I expect the most problems with it. It started off not loading the intro cutscene. I figured I might have to change the save size, as it didn't have one specified, so I went to 1 mb, and then 2 mb when that didn't work. I then disabled "Enable Patch". That caused the game not to load at all. Then I re-enabled patch and disabled "patch speed". This seems to have fixed my problems, but what did I actually do? I'm still not clear on what the patch stuff does. Also, what is the "SD Speed". I'm pretty sure that's not the class (I have a class 6 adata).

Also, is there a way to change brightness in the menu? And on the time and date bar, what is the last number? It says 29.6C. Is that some kind of temp reading?

2. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I also have a DS-One. I believe patching the speed is used for the real time features such as real time saves and cheats. Possibly the card needs to sync up to the game so the rom doesn't freeze or glitch up when stopping the game to save or make a cheat change. It also seems to let you do a soft reset back to the menu from ingame.

http://eng.supercard.cn/manual/dsone/faq.html

I think the SD speed setting might be used to overclock the menu speed. I know you can change a setting in the ini file if you have a fast class SD to make the menu respond faster. Basically it just makes the menu scroll through the games faster. The DS-One is notorious and infamous for having a slow menu interface and many people dislike it because of that.

You can adjust the brightness in the menu by pressing Select + L and R (brightness down and up respectively). I believe the last number is indeed temperature probably for the DS. This is present in moonshell as well, which the DS-One uses to power its menu.

3. gamadaya
    OP

Newcomer gamadaya Member

United States
    I'll mess around with the speed setting. It can't be the same as class though. I don't think we're anywhere close to a class 32 card lol. But yeah, thanks man. I was wondering how to change brightness. This menu isn't very intuitive, but it seems to work ok once you know your way around.

4. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The SD speed should be set on auto. I get to 23 speed without a problem. Class 6 adata 8gb

5. gamadaya
    OP

Newcomer gamadaya Member

United States
    You beat me by 1 point. Can you increase the speed beyond the automatic setting?

6. HokageNaruto

Member HokageNaruto GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ya you can. Just experiment with speeds until you find one that works with your card. I personally set my speed to 32 for my 8gb class 4 Kingston Japan microsdhc card and I have yet to see any freezing in games

7. LeGourmand

Newcomer LeGourmand Member

Canada
    Ahaha! You began with the MOST irregular game!
    I have a DSONE and GTA:CW is a real pain to emulate.

If you have an un-patched rom (gta:cw)

You have to uncheck every patch possible
    You have to set save size to 64k

It runs fine, but you can't real-time save

If you have the patched rom (the one that R4 users use)

You can set the patches normaly (Patch saver, ...)
    You can enable real-time save, cheats...

It lags a little bit, and you can't access online modes

For every game I played I always let the speed to AUTO
    I never changed it.

8. gamadaya
    OP

Newcomer gamadaya Member

United States
    Most irregular other than Castlevania. But yeah, I figured it would give me problems, so I wanted to start with it. And it worked for a while, but now it's messed up, and I'm going to have to download another version. I got mine from a friend who has an R4 knockoff, so I'm guessing it's a patched version. I'm glad it stopped working early on, but I'm still going to have to do paramedic, taxi driver, and vigilante over again, and they weren't easy. But at least paramedic wasn't nearly as brutal as it was in San Andreas. So should I just get it off NDS-Roms then? I don't mind no real-time save, I didn't use it anyway.