Just got some beats. Need troubleshooting help.

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just got some beats studio 2 wired given to me by a customer. She was hella cool and I fixed her service. She was super stoked. She said the left ear doesn't work. I got them home and found out both speakers work. The left speaker is very faint. The right speaker is rockin'. I've taken apart the left speaker to isolate the trouble. It's not the foam padding. I also cleaned the headphone jack before I took it apart. No avail. Has anyone else taken these apart?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I assume you checked the driver thoroughly, too? Possibly might have blown, I know a lot of people who have done the same thing to just one side of their Beats. Their drivers are relatively low quality compared to other headphones of the same price, so it can be a common issue most people don't bother looking into.

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not sure what the driver looks like or what to test for. would the driver be the tiny board right after the headphone jack? well, i did put my ohm meter on the pieces. i have continuity, but im not sure what the ohms should read.

after some googling......the driver is in the speaker, it seems. maybe i just buy new speakers for these headphones?

Last edited by slaphappygamer,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
How much about speakers/headphones do you really know?

If not much, you probably won't have much luck fixing the problem honestly :/

There are a lot of things that could be wrong really, and you'll need soldering skills to replace the driver yourself.

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im able to solder ok. i test, troubleshoot, and fix copper wire all day. im not that great with components, though. i was hoping itd be something pretty easy. i might just order a new left speaker. also, i didnt buy them as they were a "tip". id be out ten dollars if a new speaker didnt work. i never considered getting beats before, but they fit really nice.

Last edited by slaphappygamer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/hYkEl-3x92A?si=JSDoEc2QCDOrtimz