Hacking Just got myself a Wii U - 5.2.0 FW

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
make sure you follow the vWii guide AND vWii files only, NOT standard wii files as you will fuck the wii side of the console.

Top tip, thanks. I was going to use this guide:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/full-vwii-softmod.339899/

Sticking to the 1 USB, non hotswap version. It seems that the vWii isn't as customizable/easier to brick than the regular Wii so I'm going to keep it basic. Any tips?

Also be careful with vWii's system IOS, I heard if you replace them the WiiU won't update anymore and you will stuck on 5.2.0

I don't think I've ever replaced an IOS on my regular Wii, why would one need to do that and at what point should I pay extra attention?

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
I don't think I've ever replaced an IOS on my regular Wii, why would one need to do that and at what point should I pay extra attention?
In general is not needed, I remember replacing my IOS60 with my regular Wii so I could load pirated games directly from the SD Card Menu. But to make USB loaders to work it shouldn't be necessary to touch system IOS.

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
In general is not needed, I remember replacing my IOS60 with my regular Wii so I could load pirated games directly from the SD Card Menu. But to make USB loaders to work it shouldn't be necessary to touch system IOS.

Great, all I need on the vWii side is to be able to runs ISOs from the USB and nintendon't along with some WiiWare wads installed on the main screen. Thanks

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, all I need on the vWii side is to be able to runs ISOs from the USB and nintendon't along with some WiiWare wads installed on the main screen. Thanks
Be careful with certain wads. Wii ware is fine but it's easy to brick if your installing system files using wads

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Ray Koopa
D

Deleted-355425

Top tip, thanks. I was going to use this guide:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/full-vwii-softmod.339899/

Sticking to the 1 USB, non hotswap version. It seems that the vWii isn't as customizable/easier to brick than the regular Wii so I'm going to keep it basic. Any tips?

Following the vWii guide will keep you out of trouble, I'd install nintendont too so you can play GameCube games as well :)

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
STOP!! - The most important step should be done first. ...and that is blocking Nintendo Update Servers with either TubeHAX or your router!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Read the following information and guides.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/beginne...me-backups-and-homebrews-on-wiiu-vwii.388448/

Also, be sure to read the "Dos and Don'ts" thread.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/basic-dos-and-do-nots-of-vwii-modding.339337/

Fantastic, thank you. In the dearth of info and stickies in here that was what I was seeking.

Following the vWii guide will keep you out of trouble, I'd install nintendont too so you can play GameCube games as well :)

Good call, does that integrate into any USB loader (also which USB loaders do you recommend for vWii and Wii U? If not can I install it into the dashboard via a forwarder?

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic, thank you. In the dearth of info and stickies in here that was what I was seeking.
For vWii modding, THIS is the guide you will want to follow. If I remember correctly, though, in the OP, the folder structure is not displayed correctly. So, see my post, HERE, for folder structure.

Good call, does that integrate into any USB loader (also which USB loaders do you recommend for vWii and Wii U? If not can I install it into the dashboard via a forwarder?
Everyone has their own opinion about USB Loaders. I use two—WiiFlow and USBLoader GX (links to both are in my sig). Both have Nintendont capabilities.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Do not update it :P IOSU is supported for 5.2.0 and under. Just needs to be built by someone who cares. Devs are working on it right now, but if you want the easiest route to IOSU, stay on that firmware, it's perfect <3
This must be compatible with 5.3.2. I mean everyone is on that firmware now.
Who wants to be on 5.2.0 anyway :P.

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
I'm following the vWii guide and am at this point:

6) Dump your IOS for eventual vWii semi-brick fix (optional step but recommended !)
Launch YetAnotherBlueDumpMod
Go to System Titles and dump each IOS individually to a wad.
When prompted to fakesign the ticket or TMD, say No to both. It's a tedious process, but it could save a lot of trouble in the future.

How are you supposed to do this? I navigate to "System Titles" section, press A and see:

00000002 - System Menu 4.3e (v610) (vWii)
00000009 - IOS9 v1290

and so on. Pressing A on one brings up content (which leads to 2 .app files and a .tmd) and data (says no files/directories).

Now what? Pressing A on anything does nothing and there appears to be no way to dump anything anywhere.

n/m fixed it :D

Last edited by Deleted member 42501,

vpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait, is there an advantage to staying on 5.2.0? I read the earlier link that stated that whatever weakness there was had already been patched in 5.2.0 ergo making the leap to 5.3.2 seem the best thing to do?

DO NOT UPDATE!
5.2.0 or under is best for potential iosu exploits in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou