Just got my Wiikey in, any installation tips?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by CrimsoniteX, Oct 31, 2007.

1. CrimsoniteX
    OP

Member CrimsoniteX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey guys, my wiikey finally came in the mail, however the only instructions i could find was the pdf on their site, which is rather vaige to say the least...

I know how to sodder, but does anyone have any tips they can lend me before I start the install? Thanks in advance.

2. hanman

Member hanman I'm a pretty lucky guy

United States
    send it back and get a cyclowiz. [​IMG]

seriously, tin your wires, use flux, and get a hands-free magnifying glass. that's the best advice you can get.

3. webjedi

Member webjedi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Look around and you'll find some very good detailed step-by-step guides. But I'd like to agree and highlight one item hanman mentioned - get a hands-free magnifying glass. Some of those points your soldering are literally the size of tiny pencil points. Some guides mention getting a magnifying glass but usually only in passing and don't stress how helpful they can really be. It's not a deal braker - I did my WiiKey install without one - but it would have been easier if I had one!!!

4. forza11

Newcomer forza11 Advanced Member

Netherlands
    seriously, pay 20-30 bucks and let some shop do it for you. the time and possible fuck ups aint worth it. it took me 2 hours to get it all done.

5. Kamakazie

Member Kamakazie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    alternative to a giant hands-free magnifying glass - use an eye loupe.