Just got my Wiikey in, any installation tips?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by CrimsoniteX, Oct 31, 2007.

1. CrimsoniteX
    OP

CrimsoniteX GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2007
    United States
    Hey guys, my wiikey finally came in the mail, however the only instructions i could find was the pdf on their site, which is rather vaige to say the least...

I know how to sodder, but does anyone have any tips they can lend me before I start the install? Thanks in advance.

2. hanman

hanman I'm a pretty lucky guy

Nov 27, 2005
    United States
    Galbadia Garden
    send it back and get a cyclowiz. [​IMG]

seriously, tin your wires, use flux, and get a hands-free magnifying glass. that's the best advice you can get.

3. webjedi

webjedi GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2007
    United States
    Look around and you'll find some very good detailed step-by-step guides. But I'd like to agree and highlight one item hanman mentioned - get a hands-free magnifying glass. Some of those points your soldering are literally the size of tiny pencil points. Some guides mention getting a magnifying glass but usually only in passing and don't stress how helpful they can really be. It's not a deal braker - I did my WiiKey install without one - but it would have been easier if I had one!!!

4. forza11

forza11 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2007
    Netherlands
    seriously, pay 20-30 bucks and let some shop do it for you. the time and possible fuck ups aint worth it. it took me 2 hours to get it all done.

5. Kamakazie

Kamakazie GBAtemp Regular

Aug 19, 2005
    United States
    Long Island
    alternative to a giant hands-free magnifying glass - use an eye loupe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice