Just got my Wiiclip + Wiikey...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by War, Sep 2, 2008.

Sep 2, 2008

Just got my Wiiclip + Wiikey... by War at 10:22 PM (1,402 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    And I'm still not 100% sure what to do. i ordered the TriWing Screwdriver thing, and I know I have to take my Wii apart...but where exact does the Wiiclip "clip" on to? Also, how do I get it running? I heard I have to run a configuration disc or something like that? I'm on 3.2U btw, NTSC-U Wii.

After all that, do I just burn my Wii game into a DVD and insert into the Wii? What's the best program for burning the games? How do i know which ones are safe to use? (Because is it true that some of them have updates and may brick you?) Also, is it possible to have more than one Gamecube game in one DVD? How do you select the game you want if you have more than one?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm sueless when it comes to hardware. :\

EDIT: It would probably be aeasier if someone contacted me through PM and gave me their MSN/YIM/AIM.

2. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    When you get the Wii open you put it on the Chip that says either DMS, D2A, or D2B. Than you will need to download the config disc and the update disc I used 1.3 GCOS config disc, and the newest update. Its really easy to do, just remember the first screen of the update is just a test. It than tells you to press A or something to go to the real update.

I used this guide to help me out: http://www.wii-xposed.com/tutorials.php?id=1 with opening my Wii, Don't worry about taking the cords out of the DVD drive thing its not really important and its really nerve wrecking.

Yup you download and burn the game and pop it into the Wii. Use ImgBurn and make sure you burn an image disc because an ISO is an image file. It will say "Write Image To Disc" on it. Put through WiiBrickBlocker get rid of any firmware updates or possible bricks (I don't use it because I only use US games). Yes it is possible to have more than 1 gamecube game on a disc however I don't know how to do it.

I think that takes care of it. Ask away if you have anything else.

3. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Well... I got the 1.9s Config and I.9s Update from the main site... which one needs to be put in first though? Also, should I update to 3.3U before? And if I only play NTSC games, am I safe from being bricked from updates?

I'll see if I can find anything on the GC games question...

4. NeSchn

United States
    I was told to use the 1.3 GCOS Config because my Wii Firmware was over 3.0 all I did was change it to region free though, and if your Wii is NTSC and you only play NTSC games then you are safe but if it is PAL and you are going to play NTSC game I suggest using the WiiBrickBlocker.

And no you don't need to Update to 3.3 I am still at 3.2.

5. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Hm... I don't see why i should use the 1.3 installer if there's a 1.9 installer out there. :\

6. NeSchn

United States
    No no no, The 1.3 config disc use the 1.9 update disc. I suppose you can use the 1.9 config disc too but I was told to use the 1.3 GCOS config disc.

7. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Hm...okay, so far, Im pretty concerned.

So I just finished setting everything up. The Wii turns on and works normally... good. However, here's a couple things I noticed.

-The config disc does not work. It gives me a "cannot read disc". I guess it could be my media, or it could be the fact that I burned it at 12x >__>; I wasn't sure what speed I had to burn it at, so i went with the highest.
    -I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this before, but now, my Wii is VERY loud. Like... scary loud. It has like random seizures every 3 seconds and will make a weird beep... but this only happens for like... 7 seconds or so. So Im guessing its only when its reading the disc? Is this normal?

8. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Your Wiis drive is actually a D2A/DMS/D2B, isn't it?
    And you did burn the config disc on a DVD, not a CD?

9. Kiljaeden

Member Kiljaeden GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I've read below and noticed you've installed it. Well done.
    As for your config disc, if you had Wii Firmware 3.1 and above, the original config disc (1.3) was not able to work. You had to get the config disc, inserted into GCOS (Gamecube OS) for it to be recognised. You can get it from here. Wiikey GCOS Config Disc Make sure you use the right region!
    Burn it with ImgBurn, which is recommended for all burning of all isos (Wii/GC Games) ImgBurn Download
    If you can't get that config disc to work, make sure you've installed it properly, by comparing it to this website with install pics Wii-Clip Install
    For games, you can check their region using RegionFrii and you can change the region through it also. Region Frii
    If you find a game from a different region than yours, use BrickBlocker, which will block updates to avoid bricking your console. Wii BrickBlocker
    Also for Gamecube games, use a multidisc maker. It's pretty easy to use. You can use GCM Utility 0.5 GCM Utility 0.5

Hope it helps.

10. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Thank you everyone for your replies! I got in contact with NeSchn and we figured it out over AIM. I just tested my very first backup game, and it loads flawlessly. (Super Paper Mario).

11. NeSchn

United States
    Nice! I am glad it worked!

12. ole jason

Member ole jason GBAtemp Regular

How did you fix it?

I seem to be having a very similar problem. No matter what I put in there I get an 'unable to read disc' error

13. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Just follow what NeSchn has said. Get the Wiikey GCOS config disc and the 1.9 update. The update should work fine, and then just run the config.

My problem was that I was running the 1.9 config disc (whcih doesnt work) before even doing the update.