mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have my PSP Go and have no idea where to begin.

I heard that Sony cancelled the UMD transfer program. Is that true? How could they. If they did not many people will be happy about this.

Does it make you update every time you wanna download a game? I have a Voucher for Rockband, will it make me update. Should I update? I hear there are possible hacks underway and I don't wanna ruin them with an update.

Another thing is if the hack requires a certain game but it makes me update to get that game how would I start the game to use the hack? Would I have to wait for the hack to come out, get the game and apply it before Sony makes an update?

PS Version 5.70

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mpg187 said:
I have my PSP Go and have no idea where to begin.

I heard that Sony cancelled the UMD transfer program. Is that true? How could they. If they did not many people will be happy about this.

I have not read they actually cancelled it but I do not see it get released either.

Does it make you update every time you wanna download a game? I have a Voucher for Rockband, will it make me update. Should I update? I hear there are possible hacks underway and I don't wanna ruin them with an update.

Well the only way on putting games onto the PSP Go would be via PSN.
PSN requires the latest firmware so - yes.

Another thing is if the hack requires a certain game but it makes me update to get that game how would I start the game to use the hack? Would I have to wait for the hack to come out, get the game and apply it before Sony makes an update?

This is a big problem with the Go, it has no UMD drive so all exploitable games are stored online.
This means that if something gets exploited and Sony finds out it is likely to be taken offline.

If the exploit requires a game and the game requires a firmware update.
That indeed means you must update to be able to use the exploit in it.

PS Version 5.70

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
deanxxczx said:
mpg187 said:
Does it make you update to the latest one if you download using a PC or PS3?

Both.
Damnit, looks like the PSP Go will be the PSP that kills PSP.

If I download a game now, and install it in a few months, will it make me install whatever's the latest now, or then? If so then the sooner I download then it'll make me update to an older version than later.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Probably wasn't a good idea to get a Go if you're interested in modding

D

Deleted User

synce said:
Probably wasn't a good idea to get a Go if you're interested in modding

It is not a good idea to get a PSP-GO. PSN cries company control.

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
I am mainly interested in having a 16 GB MP3 player.

I already have lots of modded PSP, I want to mod them all. It will eventually get modded, and the sooner I buy the the better the chances are.

Hopefully they come out with another libTiff exploit or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse