just got my pandora battery and...

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by lavamasta, Jun 11, 2009.

Jun 11, 2009
  1. lavamasta
    OP

Member lavamasta GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hey guys, just wonderin... is there a way to stop the "failed to inject ipl" error? cuz i format the mem stick using psp grader v08 and i used the right guide on it and did everything how it said, but i get that error with both my mem sticks [​IMG] so close to hacking my psp... plz help me guys, i wanna play n64 games and crap [​IMG] so is there a fix for this error? any info will be great appreciated [​IMG]

2. raing3

Member raing3 CNET_Richard

Australia
    Did you format the memory stick? (you have to format the memory stick sometimes to ensure their is enough reserved space to inject the IPL)

also if your Memory Stick is a fake it may not work.

3. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Your memory stick needs to have magicgate for it to become a mms

4. lavamasta
    OP

United States
    they both have magicgate... and what do u mean by fake? i bought the one from staples where i live and the other from best buy...
    ive tried again and still doesnt work... i even tried formating with psp on first. could it have anything to do with the fact that im using a memory stick duo port on the computer to load the stuff onto it?
    do i need to use usb connection?

5. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    I think usb connection might be best.

6. Noobix

Member Noobix GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Well I just did my daughter's PSP yesterday with a Photofast CR-5400 (MicroSD adapter) that wasn't even MagicGate, and everything still went smoothly.

I used RainsUltraLiteMMS DCv8 and it literally took minutes to update to 5.00m33-4.

Definitely use the USB connection to the PSP when making the MMS.

Also it might make a difference as to what OS you use...Windows XP here so I had no problems. (If using Vista I'd assume you need to right click and "Run as administrator" . )

Anyway good luck! [​IMG]

7. lavamasta
    OP

United States
    im on vista, and yes i did use run as admin [​IMG] i might try it on the other comp with xp [​IMG]

8. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

That's not strictly true I've used a few OEM/generic sticks that are definitely not magic gate and successfully made magic memory sticks with them [​IMG]

Make sure you format the stick in the PSP and sometimes also best to make the MEM stick in the PSP itself using PANDORA DELUXE and select the PSP by drive letter and make sure you checked the box that says INJECT IPL [​IMG]

9. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    True...although some fakes are incapable or receiving the TM IPL so to be certain of compatibility a genuine MG supported stick is the easier option. (...as in easier than buying a cheap stick, finding it can;t be used and then having to buy another) Buying a fake stick is a lottery.

10. lavamasta
    OP

United States
    UPDATE!
    i tried it on my other computer (XP computer) and it worked! thx guys for your help [​IMG]
    edit: OMG! now i put the mms and pandora battery in my psp and it starts right away, but when i hold down the left trigger when booting up all it does is load the psp normally... doesthat mean it's a fake pandora battery? i bought it from dealextreme.com
    everyone said they got theres from the same place and it worked, but this doesnt seem to work [​IMG] what am i doin wrong?! plz help

11. lavamasta
    OP

United States
    BUMP:
    could u guys plz help me. i dont want the money i spent on that pandora battery to go to waste, even though it was just $6... plz help [​IMG]
    what am i doing wrong when i boot my psp with pandora battery and mms?
    edit:
    lol now this time it finally worked! ty for all your help!