just got my M3 Simply and have questions on it

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by af9148, Feb 6, 2007.

Feb 6, 2007
  1. af9148
    OP

Newcomer af9148 Newbie

United States
    my M3 Simply came in today and i found a old 128 microsd to use while my 1gb comes - i followed teapea's idiots guide and loaded the firmware that came with the cd and updated it to the 1.02. but came across a couple of questions

1) when loading the m3 menu what is the multimedia option for? another gui appears (top says //MPCF 3 files and displays my folders) - is this suppose to be the moonshell app? should i have dled moonshell 1.6 and replaced the moonshl folder that came with the system v1.01\english folder?

2) is it possible to return back to the m3 menu from once your in the Multimedia option ?

3) when i loaded Clubhouse Games for the first time i got a white screen, 2nd/3rd time the NDS bypassed the Loading... screen and went straight to the regular NDS Menu (ds game,pictochat etc..) I took out the M3 and restarted - this time it worked. is this a normal situation where it won't load the game correctly and bypass the m3?

4) if i decide to put some homebrew apps - will this appear as additional icons in the m3 menu? such as [Games] [Multimedia] [Boot Slot 2] [DSLiveWeather]

Thanks in advance - sorry for the newbie questions

2. Takrin

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    1. Multimedia just loads Moonshell and screen after you hit multimedia is indeed moonshell. also mine just says "/ 3 files." at top then lists my files, you can download moonshell if wanted and rename it to "_DS_MSHL.NDS" and copy over the moonshel folder so it works with Multimedia button

2. nope, have to reboot

3. m3 simply did it to me once and seems to do that with my acekard once in awhile also not sure how common it is.

4. no, not sure havnt messed around with skinning but i really doubt it with simple skinning. would be nice if they added in ability in future like menu builder or something able to link icons with bottons or make a location on screen selectable.

#2 may be possible perhaps if you download M3 simply rip and run it under moonshell but no clue if it even loads (in acekard attempts to load and gives me no tf card error)

Edit-
    Guess not, cannot boot ripped r4 or m3 under moonshell or m3 simply game mode

3. af9148
    OP

Newcomer af9148 Newbie

United States
    Thanks Takrin

4. XANIKSE0

Banned XANIKSE0 Banned

United Kingdom
    my M3 Simply came in today and i found a old 128 microsd to use while my 1gb comes - i followed teapea's idiots guide and loaded the firmware that came with the cd and updated it to the 1.02. but came across a couple of questions

1) when loading the m3 menu what is the multimedia option for? another gui appears (top says //MPCF 3 files and displays my folders) - is this suppose to be the moonshell app? should i have dled moonshell 1.6 and replaced the moonshl folder that came with the system v1.01\english folder?

2) is it possible to return back to the m3 menu from once your in the Multimedia option ?

3) when i loaded Clubhouse Games for the first time i got a white screen, 2nd/3rd time the NDS bypassed the Loading... screen and went straight to the regular NDS Menu (ds game,pictochat etc..) I took out the M3 and restarted - this time it worked. is this a normal situation where it won't load the game correctly and bypass the m3?

4) if i decide to put some homebrew apps - will this appear as additional icons in the m3 menu? such as [Games] [Multimedia] [Boot Slot 2] [DSLiveWeather]

Thanks in advance - sorry for the newbie questions