just got my m3 lite, sorta new to gba backup

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by bonethugs1999, Sep 16, 2006.

1. bonethugs1999
    OP

bonethugs1999 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    okay well first off is there a way for me to boot up a gba rom in nds mode? When I try to it just freezes. If this is possible can I listen to music while i play a gba game?

Also, how do i load gamesaves on a gba rom? When I try to do that it freezes as well.

2. RyuKakashi

RyuKakashi GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2006
    United States
    Just press start in NDS mode to load GBA mode, it's not possible to load it from NDS mode as far as i know.

And I don't think you can play music while playing a gba rom but i'm not sure about that.

3. Orc

Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Feb 10, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Don't do that. Press Start to reboot to GBA just like it says in the main menu "Start - Reboot to GBA mode". Then start your GBA rom.

Yes you can listen to music while playing GBA game but it involves an external device like a CD player, a PC or something similar. I do it often with my iPod.

4. bonethugs1999
    OP

bonethugs1999 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    well of course you can use another thing but I'm talking about using the ds. Since i can play music on it regularly and gba doesn't take up all of the ds's power i figured that there should be a way. Perhaps I can use the bottom screen for music and the top to play the game?

5. Orc

Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Feb 10, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Haha sorry I was being a smartass. [​IMG] Forgive meh.

Anyway nope, since you're playing the GBA ROM via the DS hardware (afaik, don't pelt me techie guys) and since the DS doesn't have a built-in "play music while playing GBA" feature I guess you're out of luck. A possibility though is when people start making GBA emulators for the DS (for the slot one cards [​IMG]) and they add that feature.

EDIT: btw, I didn't get what your question about savegames was.

6. Dwaalspoor98

Dwaalspoor98 GBAtemp Regular

May 28, 2003
    Netherlands
    Earth
    Hahahaha [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. bonethugs1999
    OP

bonethugs1999 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    well yeah that is my biggest problem right now. I downloaded some .sps save files from gamefaqs and turned them into regular .SAV files with a computer emulator. But I can't load them on my m3. What exactly is the best way to do this anyway?

Also my m3 lite didn't come with a cd, where can i get all of the software? I mainly want a way to put music on my ds so if there's a way to shrink regular mp3s I'm all ears.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice