Lynx The Dark

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a DS yet, I'll be getting one in a few days.

- Can I use the U-Disk Manager and burner to flash my old F2A? If so do I just put a normal bin Pogoshell file on it and just flash that?
- If I put some GBA games on my G6 now and run it on my GBA is it going to work fine or is there a risk of some system files messing up so I end up not being able to use it with my DS later when I get it?
- What about updating the G6 Loader, can I update it now using my GBA or should I wait till I get my DS in a day or two?
- And fially, what happens if the G6 gets corrupted, will a simple format fix it? I know it can get corrupted if you don't use the Safely Remove hardware feature to remove it from your comp, but all flash drives are like that and usually a format fixes the problem, I just want to make sure it's the same for the G6 Lite as well.

To be honest I'd rather not mess with the G6 now causeI have to replace the cover to fit in the GBA SP, I tested it on my comp, seems to be working fine, well it showed up in my computer and it had stuff on it so I guess it's fine.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old Flash Advance card and tried to use the USB burner with it that came with my G6L but it does not work. As to your other question, It may be best if you wait as the screws strip pretty easily (well, it is not the screws but the plastic that they are screwing into) but it "should" work in a GBA but I have not tried it.
grog.gif

stonefry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To answer one of your questions, I have used my g6 lite in my GBA SP with no problems. And you can update the firmware in your GBA also since firmware updates are done in GBA mode.

Lynx The Dark

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I won't mess with the G6 now, but there's one other thing I don't understand, what exactly am I updating? Just the program or the DS/GBA Firmware by doing this:

QUOTE said:
Updating your G6 Lite Loader
1. Connect your G6 onto the UBurner and insert into your USB Slot.
2. Copy the g6loader.sys and g6verify.sys files to your G6's root directory.
3. Safely remove the UBurner from your PC and insert the G6 Lite into your DS.
4. Boot your G6 Lite in GBA Mode.
5. When the disclaimer in green text appears, hold down A + B + Select + Start.
6. Select Yes.
7. Allow it to update (do not power down your DS).
8. When you reach the G6 GBA Main Menu, you are done. You may delete the 2 sys files if desired.

What happens if your accidentaly turn your DS off, I mean of course I won't do it lol, but still I want to know what's the worse that could happen and if/how it can be fixed.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I won't mess with the G6 now, but there's one other thing I don't understand, what exactly am I updating? Just the program or the DS/GBA Firmware by doing this:

QUOTE said:
Updating your G6 Lite Loader
1. Connect your G6 onto the UBurner and insert into your USB Slot.
2. Copy the g6loader.sys and g6verify.sys files to your G6's root directory.
3. Safely remove the UBurner from your PC and insert the G6 Lite into your DS.
4. Boot your G6 Lite in GBA Mode.
5. When the disclaimer in green text appears, hold down A + B + Select + Start.
6. Select Yes.
7. Allow it to update (do not power down your DS).
8. When you reach the G6 GBA Main Menu, you are done. You may delete the 2 sys files if desired.

What happens if your accidentaly turn your DS off, I mean of course I won't do it lol, but still I want to know what's the worse that could happen and if/how it can be fixed.

you are updating the firmware of the g6, which some people call the loader.

Lynx The Dark

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone, now just one more thing I forgot to ask, when updating the Firmware of the G6 should I have the Passcard inserted or not? I mean if I don't it goes to GBA Mod automatically right, so should I just update it like that?
I actually don't even know how you get to GBA Mod since I don't have a DS yet lol, but that's no biggie I'll figure it out first thing I get my DS.

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Actually, I'm pretty sure that nothing major would happen. You would not be able to get into the main menu of the G6 and/or if you do nothing would work properly (garbled images and text etc.). However, its simple to fix: just load the updated to your card and upddate like normal. Update properly this time, and no problems.

I can't guarantee this, but I have an M3 and I purposefully turned it off in the middle of a FW update and thats what happened to me. Just power back on and it will give you the same 'update detected' message.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
^ Yeah and if it doesn't boot; connect the flash cart to the USB Burner and run the maintenance tool from your computer to format the G6.

By the way, you can update the loader without removing the passcard. Just press "y" to enter gba mode when you reach the main G6 screen (touch pod).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool