Hacking Just got my G6 4G lite today!!!

Ghaleon1982

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some problems with it. I can get GBA and NES games to work but I cant seem to get SNES games or DS games to work on it. How do I put them on there so I can play?

For the NDS, I just copy and paste the .NDS file into the NDS folder on the computer. Load up the card and it sees the game in the "my card" area but has a ? next to it and wont load when I select it. I also go to "gmaes" and thers nothing there as well.

When I use the program to "write" it on the card, it says its on there but I dont know what options to push. When it says write ok I load the card up and again with the ? thing.

For SNES, again I copy and paste the .smc file into the GBA folder and load the card up on the DS. Again it sees it in the "may card" area with a ? and again nothing in the "Game" area

When I use the program to "write" it dose not even show the SNES games to load ontio the card.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

ciama81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some problems with it. I can get GBA and NES games to work but I cant seem to get SNES games or DS games to work on it. How do I put them on there so I can play?

For the NDS, I just copy and paste the .NDS file into the NDS folder on the computer. Load up the card and it sees the game in the "my card" area but has a ? next to it and wont load when I select it. I also go to "gmaes" and thers nothing there as well.

When I use the program to "write" it on the card, it says its on there but I dont know what options to push. When it says write ok I load the card up and again with the ? thing.

For SNES, again I copy and paste the .smc file into the GBA folder and load the card up on the DS. Again it sees it in the "may card" area with a ? and again nothing in the "Game" area

When I use the program to "write" it dose not even show the SNES games to load ontio the card.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

FIRSTLY you should make sure you are running the lastest versions of the firmware and the Software. See the FAQ at the top of this board.

As far as the DS side of things goes, Did you remove the games you directly copied over to the card? I would suggest deleting the DS folder from the root, and start over. The Software will create a new DS folder when it writes the next rom.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
killermech is right, that sounds to be like your problem.
your g6 is always in gba mode, no chance to launch nds games from there.
what you need is a passcard3 or similar product.

mars

Ghaleon1982

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I'll buy the flash card for the NDS games

But as far as the SNES games, I used the CD to update the things on the card before putting any game on it what so ever. Still wont load. There is no option for .smc files wich are SNES files but I do see a .SMS file so I tried to chang the file type and it still did not work. I also seen that you can load .zip files as well so I tried that. This time it dose not say its a game but its in the game selector screen and when you select one, it just stays at a white screen.

I will donload the firmware from the site and let you know what happens

Lynx The Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SMS Files are Sega Master System files, so renaming a SNES smc to a SMS file won't make it run, just wait till the passcard arrives or use the GBA SNES Emulator.

Ghaleon1982

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wanted to update my post. My Passcard3 came into the mail today. (2 day shipping) It works great. First I just droped the .nds file into the NDS folder on the card and that did not work. The second time I used the G6 U Disk manager and it worked. So I guess I'm stuck doing it that way lol. Can anyone tell me the diffrence between the setting that it promts when you write a .nds file onto the card? like Dot, Normal, and othing things like the such?

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, until the post right before mine (which I hadn't read when I posted), all you were asking for was help on running the emu stuff and loading .nds titles (which the guides do cover).

you have to realise the number of people who all register to this site and immediately ask the same questions over and over on a daily basis without bothering to use the "search" feature of the site or read the faqs written for each major piece of hardware.

I didn't mean to come off sounding like a pompus bastard, but you'll find that as long as you present your questions in an intelligent manner and include the fact that you've at least tried to find the information out on your own that there are numerous people on this site (myself included) who will be more than glad to help you out.
smile.gif

Ghaleon1982

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did read the FAQ before I even made my first post ^_~ Even looked on G6flash.com lol but no answer to my questions yet -.-

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dofat equals "fast boot", normal is normal boot, safe mode is safe made (if all others fail), direct copy is direct copy (without any patching), trim roms trims the rom (cuts the garbage thats used to fill a specific rom size: makes the rom smaller), link function is to link a ds game to a gba gamesave to unlock extra stuff (if supported by the game). mars

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs