Hardware Just got first 3DS (XL)! v4.2.0-9E?

ICS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got in and booted up my 3DS XL, haven't had a DS in years. I still have my black DSi, but it stopped reading games a few years ago.

The other week I had a thought when I came across the dust-collecting DSi.. just to stick card on the back of the cartridge to hold it down, and it worked.

I've been lurking these forums throughout the past week or so, and went to trade in my Xbox and some games for £85 store credit (at GAME) altogether. I then was going to put £75 towards that for a 3DS XL + Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, which is £200, but £160 with their special online promotion code. (3DSXLSAVE)

I did some research and looked in GAME's FAQ, and it said that I could get an eVoucher from the store, or a Gift Card. (The gift card can only be used online if it has a 4 digit PIN, and you can turn an ordinary gift card into a PIN protected gift card by asking at the store. When I mentioned this and even showed the manager the FAQ, he didn't know what I was talking about, and didn't know anything about this.

Was pretty annoyed about this, but decided I would just have to get another 3DS XL in-store. Was about to trade in my Xbox 360 Slim 250gb, until he complained about the controller BATTERY. The controller's in perfect condition, but apparently he couldn't accept the battery. Why? Because he could only take the empty case battery that takes AA batteries. I had it in the controller before I left, but figured as the battery I took to the store came with the controller, they'd want that rather than an empty case. This stopped me from getting £70 in-store (a bit crap, but I bought it secondhand for £100, not that bad really), meaning he couldn't take the entire system because of the poncing battery. (Even though I gave him an actual battery rather than a piece of plastic I put on my desk at home, which I couldn't get because the town was way too far, and GAME was closing in less than 30 minutes.

ANYHOW, ONCE I'D BOUGHT THE 3DS XL..

I'm pretty darn pleased!:')
Not going to give a review here, 'cause I want to get back to it.

Oh, but I did get a £20 accessory kit and a Mario&Luigi Dream Team eShop code (£35) in with the price, so I'm not that bothered now. :)

I'm aware I could've gotten it reaaaaal cheap on eBay or pre-owned etc, no, I'm fussy okay. (:

QUESTION(S):

I'm on v4.2.0-9E, if I connect to my WiFi will it update automatically? And will the latest update stop me from using a SuperCard DSTWO, or possibly a gateway? (I don't own either or necessarily intend to) Yeah, I heard Gateway provided some false information on what version the cart will work up to by mistake? Oh well. Will it be a big deal if I update? I want to connect but it'll suck if it does stuff I don't want it to. (Ohh a paedophile for a 3DS, nice. Jokingg;))

FIN.

;)

ICS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It will only ask you to update when you visit the eShop or have a game with a firmware higher than what your 3DS has.

I need to activate the game I got on the eShop though, hmmm.
Does SCDS2 support the latest update? Like I said in the thread I'll probably get one (mainly for GBA emulation, etc..), but a Gateway in the future if it actually gets reviews and when it's properly out. Haven't heard much of it yet.

EDIT: Thank you for the quick reply, by the way. :)

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Relying on automatic updates is asking for trouble. One of these days you will end up updating your 3DS before your flashcart and you might be SOL.

DS2 doesn't do automatic updates as far as I remember.

The Supercard team keeps any new updates sticky'ed on their forum: http://forum.supercard.sc/forum-26-1.html

Reactions: ICS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome