Rock me Dr. Zaius
OP
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I flashed my 360 recently (less than a month ago), was a hitachi 79 drive so I was forced to using iXtreme 1.51 (which turned out great because I can launch wave 4 games without the activation disc.) Anyways I had been running all my games through ABGX before burning them to make sure they were properly stealthed and verified. And when Borderlands came out 4 days before the release date I had disconnected my 360 from live and reset the clock (unplugged the power cord for a few mins to reset it to November 2005). Anyways GTA4 episodes got dumped a few days ago so I did the same, disconnected and reset the clock. Today after running the iso file through abgx I burned out another disc to play it on live, but as soon as I powered up my 360 I got a message saying I was banned due to violation of the Terms of Service and that there was no recourse.

Its no biggie really, as I hardly play online anymore, but let this be a warning to others out there, even if you think you've got all bases covered they can still ban you.

Maybe this is the beginning of another ban wave?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Easy Solution: Don't play games early.

Even if you disconnect from XBL and reset your clock, it does you no good -- next time you connect to Live, it sends the data of when the game was put in and matches it to their clocks. Everything is traced. Big brother is watching you.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You played early you got banned. Don't play games early...offline or online.

The ban should only be for account. Just make a new account and you're good to go.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they have been doing this since halo 3 ODST was leaked
if you value your account, do not play games early and or bad rips of games that are easily detectable by MS

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've seen people get banned today that have never touched an early release ever.
It continues to not matter, period. They have their own way of doing things in a way that not one person can say they can understand.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Oh, well...that's the risk that all modders are living with, huh
wink2.gif
?

I guess I'm fine until now...I can still connect to Live and see the news, etc. It won't let me update too a gold member though (with a valid, today bought card), but I guess that has nothing to do with that...

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
OP
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
It won't let me connect with another gamertag, it gives me the same ban message, so I am assuming it's the console itself thats banned.
I knew it was risky playing games early, but I thought I might be safe by disconnecting the ethernet cord and resetting the clock.
I had also played like 30 other backups within a short period of time so it may have been a different game besides Borderlands that set it off.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
It won't let me connect with another gamertag, it gives me the same ban message, so I am assuming it's the console itself thats banned.
I knew it was risky playing games early, but I thought I might be safe by disconnecting the ethernet cord and resetting the clock.
I had also played like 30 other backups within a short period of time so it may have been a different game besides Borderlands that set it off.

Yah, that system is toast. Sell it on craigslist as a banned console for cheap (like 50 bucks or so) to someone who will just use it as a offline system to play single player games like rpg's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all