Gaming Just got an Xbox 1, help?

naes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got an Xbox 1 that has XBMC on it. How can I play burned games? Can I copy games from my PC to the HDD on the Xbox? I have an 80GB installed on my Xbox 1.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Burned games: they come as an iso you burn them to a disc and put them in the drive.
A note however, the original xbox DVD drives are not so good ( http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Xbox_Linux_...D_Burning_HOWTO ) so set booktype to DVD-R or DVD-rom (the wii section has several guides as you have to do it there as well).
You can merge several games into one, check some of the other threads in this section for guides.

Yes you can play games from the hard drive too.
The usual way to get stuff to the xbox is via FTP but XBMC has a port of SAMBA meaning you can grab it while you are on your xbox if you have file sharing on your computer. Note you can not stream games over the network (although you can stream media).
Sending full isos is not a wise idea so you need to break them down, many tools for this but I like the Xbox-Hq PC Essentials toolkit which comes with C-Xbox Tool. Send it, run the xbe you find in the first directory (other than any dash update).

FTP is simple enough, you need the IP of your xbox (grab it from your router DCHP table or try numbers one up, one below from your computer). port is 21, user is "xbox", pass is "xbox".
Your xbox will likely have several drives:
c:\ is the main drive with the important stuff and with many installs you will not be able to access it anyhow.
d:\ is the DVD drive
e:\ is the location of your saves and other somewhat important stuff but there may be a gig or two you can use.
f:\ is an extra space you can use, I estimate it will be around about 70 gigs for you to use.

All the other drives (x:\, y:\ and z:\ most likely) are system drives used by games to temp storage so leave them alone (although you can often grab some of the game art, music and what have you from them).

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to hook up the ol' xbox to check, but I think I used a program called XCommander. It's like Norton, you put your disc in, one side shows the file tree of your xbox harddrive, the other shows what's on the disc. You make a new folder and copy everything over. That's how I copied all my games onto my 120.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
blueskies said:
I don't want to hook up the ol' xbox to check, but I think I used a program called XCommander. It's like Norton, you put your disc in, one side shows the file tree of your xbox harddrive, the other shows what's on the disc. You make a new folder and copy everything over. That's how I copied all my games onto my 120.
You can also do that in XBMC. If you want to patch the games (I don't know what the patch is for though
tongue.gif
) you should use DVD2XBOX.

Friction Baby

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Usually if I am downloading an iso I just use a program called Quix to port it to my xbox. Saves on dvd's especially if you don't like the game.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
in XBMC, you don't need any specail programs... just use what's there!

Go to FileSystem, or FileBrowser, or what ever it's called...

on one side, open the DVD drive, on the other side, open the Games folder, usually on E: or F:

in the games folder, make a new folder with a generic name (GTA-VC for Vice City... something you'll recognize)

on the DVD side, press white, then select all, then go back to the HD side in your new folder, press white, and select Copy

I'm pretty sure that's how it's done... I could be off on a few steps, as it's been quite a while since I've done it...

Friction Baby

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
in XBMC, you don't need any specail programs... just use what's there!

Go to FileSystem, or FileBrowser, or what ever it's called...

on one side, open the DVD drive, on the other side, open the Games folder, usually on E: or F:

in the games folder, make a new folder with a generic name (GTA-VC for Vice City... something you'll recognize)

on the DVD side, press white, then select all, then go back to the HD side in your new folder, press white, and select Copy

I'm pretty sure that's how it's done... I could be off on a few steps, as it's been quite a while since I've done it...

That's cool I didn't know thismyself thank you for the tip
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou