Just got an Evolution

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by dman777, Aug 9, 2007.

Aug 9, 2007

Just got an Evolution by dman777 at 3:45 PM (693 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. dman777
    OP

Newcomer dman777 Advanced Member

United States
    I just got an Evolution by Team Cyclops. I am really happy with it. No complaints here. Some people complained about the plastic feeling cheap and the micro SD not being spring loaded. I found the quality of plastic to be fine. What I think people may be complaining about is the hole on top where the chip comes out of the case but is covered by a sticker. This makes the case feel as though it is not as sturdy as a regular NDS case. But the plastic seems to be on the same quality level as a normal NDS case. The evolution is very sturdy in my opinion and I am not worried in least bit of it falling apart. I think my DS would wear out way before the Evolution cart. And the micro SD fits extremely snug so there is not chance of it falling out. Some people complained that the SD micro is hard to take out, but I didn't have any problem at all taking it out and I have done so at least 3 times now for adding stuff to it. As for the card reader, I have had absolutely no problems with it.

I'm not sure why people complained about these things before. I was skeptical about the Evolution before I bought it because of these complaints, but I can say from my own personal experience that there's really no problem.

I bought this before the new versions of the Evolution(color black) have been shipped out, so this is not the new version that is supposed to come out.

If I had to do it over again and buy a flash cart, I would buy the Evolution.

2. aslacker55

Member aslacker55 I like pie

United States
    Glad that you like your cyclods evo. It's a very good card. [​IMG]

3. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    As soon as it is restocked, I'm going that route.

4. grifter

Member grifter GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    cool, their are choices.