Hacking Just got an email from Nintendo (not banned yet though)

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I had to guess when we play games the title is tied to our account and viewable as a game we have played x amount of hours on.
Therefore when OP went online for a few seconds it was then stored on Nintendo servers that he had played that game.
I mean it could've been seconds of connectivity but it likely synced with the server I'm assuming.
Take what I say with a grain of salt though none of us truly know.
They likely just know you have played the title, not if it is a 'backup' or whatever.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if a ban does happen at least we can narrow it down to a game update. My question is does cert checks happen during game update?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless it has no certs their detection method is flawed like me I'm part of a gamefly subscription i don't "own" the game though I have a physical media in my possession (unless the game got dumped by the previous renter then I'm worried)

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
unless it has no certs their detection method is flawed like me I'm part of a gamefly subscription i don't "own" the game though I have a physical media in my possession (unless the game got dumped by the previous renter then I'm worried)

Exactly what I'm going to be doing, let's just hope the place I go to isn't everyone else's favorite place to create backups. :rofl2:

Rbugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I assume if they dont/cant check the header when updating right now, they will implement it in the next switch firmware

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if a ban does happen at least we can narrow it down to a game update. My question is does cert checks happen during game update?
Games can be updated without a certificate
I mean, i think its pretty obvious Ninti knows that we are updating our games, because you know, we are downloading updates for that games. Thing is, do they know that those games we are updating are not legit?

I cant know that for sure, but it kinda looks like they dont. Ninti has been pretty quick giving bans, but with the evidence we have it seems that just updating games (preferably on OFW) is not a ban. So yeah, i really wonder if they can know if our games have no headers and stuff like that if we are not using online functions on them, just updating (which can be done on any game even with the card out).
At the very least, that data is being associated with his Nintendo Account and from there, they know which Switch is associated with that account. I personally wouldn't risk giving Nintendo extra ammo in the never-ending ban war. But you are right that they have no way of detecting if a cartridge we own is legit or not with updates alone since cartridge dumps can be updated without the header. If Nintendo were really serious, they could cross-check the update data with what is getting transmitted during the few lapses when the games are updated in OFW but that's a lot of work.

Reactions: MasterJ360

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The cert likely isn't being parsed for this, its just seeing you played a game and telling you to redeem coins.

Reactions: peteruk

Vennetto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
When I first loaded Kirby as a Backup even though I had played it I got an Email as if I have never played it, from that moment I knew I was about on the ban list and then boom banned on my first Switch.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I first loaded Kirby as a Backup even though I had played it I got an Email as if I have never played it, from that moment I knew I was about on the ban list and then boom banned on my first Switch.
Do you mind taking a minute or 2 to fill this out?
Banned: Y/N
If banned, provide proof (video preferred)
Downloaded with CDN: Y/N
What firmware(s) did you use nx-dreport prior to going online in OFW: Y/N X.X.X
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings: Y/N
SX OS used: Y/N
SX OS used while online: Y/N
Played online SX OS Backups: Y/N
Layered FS Used: Y/N
Layered FS Used while online: Y/N
Played online Layered FS Injects: Y/N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used: Y/N (Specify homebrew used/crashes)
Connect to Internet with homebrew/CFW: Y/N
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew: Y/N
Played with Layered FS Injects with Own Cert.: Y/N
Can you access the eShop: Y/N
Use the eShop from a non-Switch device: Y/N
Backups updated: Y/N (CFW or OFW)
Wi-Fi settings deleted: Y/N
Airplane mode: Y/N
AutoRCM: Y/N (TX or briccmii)
Lowest SX OS Version used when Online (i.e 1.0, 1.1, 1.2): X.X
Auto-Update Software: Y/N
Less Fuses Burnt than Expected: Y/N
Additional Comments

Reactions: gameboy

ssb4master

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, i think its pretty obvious Ninti knows that we are updating our games, because you know, we are downloading updates for that games. Thing is, do they know that those games we are updating are not legit?

I cant know that for sure, but it kinda looks like they dont. Ninti has been pretty quick giving bans, but with the evidence we have it seems that just updating games (preferably on OFW) is not a ban. So yeah, i really wonder if they can know if our games have no headers and stuff like that if we are not using online functions on them, just updating (which can be done on any game even with the card out).

For me, it feels like a personal experience, not so related to exploits. I mean, everything related to SX OS and Atmosphere has to do with an exploit, but that doesnt mean i can post every little thing that happens to me about it. Still, i have no problem with this thread.
Anytime you connect to the internet, Nintendo automatically gets data from the switch to their servers.

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Anytime you connect to the internet, Nintendo automatically gets data from the switch to their servers.

Yep, nobody is debating that. Thing is, from the ban reports and what i have seen, it looks like the information Ninti is getting is not enought to determine if the games im playing are legit games or not, so i could assume they get info like playtime, game version, etc, but not stuff like game certs/headers, etc.

Again, all this is if your Switch is connected to the internet at some point, but not actually playing games online like Splatoon 2 matches and that stuff and obviously on OFW. This is all speculation, tho.

Alec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very interesting and I don't want it to get lost in the mountain of posts.

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Same cert (unique ID) basically a backup of the cart you originally used?
If it's the exact same cert then I think that may be one of the issues if you used a backup which was not your own then it may have registered a cert which later was banned maybe.
Weird to think a game registers on the system twice due to being backed up, if that's what happened.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?