Hacking Just Got A Vita 1.69. What To Do?

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
yes, should be. I don't know if updates replace files or not, but I don't think they do. the patch should remain in the patch folder afaik. I know that the patch the save manager creates is placed in the patch folder, so I assume that's all that needs to be done. btw, you have to import saves with save manager to get the original saves to work. I think it might have something to do with the patch.
Right well pkgi seems to work and other dumps such as nonpdrm are fine but I'm just getting an error on games decrypted with nps browser. I'm reinstalling windows on my PC then I'll try it again just in case it has anything to do with the zip error it keeps giving me.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure. I've used pkgi to download games, and I've only used nps browser to reinstall dlc I had bought that mai dump tool ended up destroying. iirc, mai dump tool removes the package folder once the dlc is unlocked (decrypted and bypassed pfs, then moved to the dlc folder of the title id folder in ux0:app). nonpdrm seems to do the same thing except the content is transferred over as a rif key, then the packages folder is removed. I think I remember that. I don't remember if mai dump tool even bothers with licenses. I know the decrypted dlc I had for tales of hearts r contained no rif keys yet the encrypted ones I downloaded with nps browser do.

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
not sure. I've used pkgi to download games, and I've only used nps browser to reinstall dlc I had bought that mai dump tool ended up destroying. iirc, mai dump tool removes the package folder once the dlc is unlocked (decrypted and bypassed pfs, then moved to the dlc folder of the title id folder in ux0:app). nonpdrm seems to do the same thing except the content is transferred over as a rif key, then the packages folder is removed. I think I remember that. I don't remember if mai dump tool even bothers with licenses. I know the decrypted dlc I had for tales of hearts r contained no rif keys yet the encrypted ones I downloaded with nps browser do.
Must be something to do with licensing. It just throws an error c1-2758-2 after I decrypt it and place it then try run it. Pkgi stuff seems fine though. I used an EU copy of Rayman Legends and went to check the challenges without thinking. It gave me a screen saying I'll need to live update the game and then still actually signed in and worked. I think I should be on 1.02 which I can only find as a US patch so I may have to switch versions.

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I decided I'm going to just do what was recommended and use my main vita for online and keep the modded one off psn as much as possible since I don't wanna lose the digital library on my other consoles too. I' ggoing to just buy the cart version of legends since I'll be online to do the challenges a lot and I like the game so don' m paying for it. I think it's really cool having the adrenaline psp emulator too.

Another thing that helps having a modded one is the psone classics. It's absolutely ridiculous but us European users that purchased a copy of a psone classic have to play the game at a horrible choppy slowed down mess. Because the PAL standard was 50hz that's what the psone games ran at back in the day but little did we know we were just playing slowed down games. Anyway because the USA versions were NTSC 60hz they were the full speed versions and what they done on psone classics is made the games be 50hz for Europe. This is stupid because the vita screen is 60hz so you end up with a laggy horrible mess.

Put the psp emulator on the modded vita and run the USA version of the psone game with the same game running which I paid for on my ofw vita and you can clearly see the difference. The psp emulated version is fluid and perfect but the version I had the privilege of paying for is a complete mess. Well done Sony I mean we speak English so what was wrong with the USA version. Pure laziness like surely they could've modified the games for the people that don't speak English so they would run full speed especially if they're going to charge you for them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1