Hacking Just got a used Vita with CFW, question about PS+ and wifi...

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm... haven't been on in a while, but I decided to take advantage of the Amazon Vita package deal (3G Vita, plus 4 random games that I could care less about, and ordered Persona for it)...

neways, it showed up this afternoon packing fw 1.0.6.

Now the question is: should I take my chances and let it update for whatever 3.0.x version is current? Or try to find a copy of an exploitable version and update to that one hoping that Persona will play?

I'd kind of like to use some of the psp stuff for a bit, as I never had one, and well, with the ancient fw on the vita I received in the pack, it would seem to be a golden opportunity...

(Picked up a 32GB mem card for it as well figuring that I could probably use it.)

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should I take my chances and let it update for whatever 3.0.x version is current? Or try to find a copy of an exploitable version and update to that one hoping that Persona will play?

If i were you just go ahead and update. Wololo is about to release a TN-V4 which is an extremly rare exploit that they only release about once a year. So just upgrade put some money on your PSN and wait for the game to be released. Look on this website everyday for the next couple months www.wololo.net, and you should be all set for PSP ISO's and PSP Homebrew.

Hope this helped.

Source: http://wololo.net/2013/11/08/tn-v4-frequently-asked-questions/

thebatdadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this is already a topic I created, I figure I'd might as well ask my questions here haha

I have a few more questions regarding the exploit I am using. I read somewhere that there's a new exploit that came out recently (TN-V4 I think it was called), and that it allows you to play PS1 eboots on your Vita. Is this a new feature exclusive to TN-V4? Because I was under the impression that using the exploit I am, PS1 eboots don't run on the Vita (I've tried and no PS1 games ever open successfully).

Also, I use VitaFTP (I think that's what it is called, it's some FTP server application) to move PSP ISOs to my Vita, but I am doing it by using my Wifi connection and to upload the ISOs from my computer to my Vita, it takes a very long time. I'm talking hours for a 400 MB game. This is obviously not very efficient. Is there a better way to transfer PSP ISOs to the Vita? Because of this I have never put a PSP game that is over 1 GB in size on my Vita, because the time it would take to transfer from my computer to my Vita would be ridiculous. Any ideas?

Muhammad Syafiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Since this is already a topic I created, I figure I'd might as well ask my questions here haha

I have a few more questions regarding the exploit I am using. I read somewhere that there's a new exploit that came out recently (TN-V4 I think it was called), and that it allows you to play PS1 eboots on your Vita. Is this a new feature exclusive to TN-V4? Because I was under the impression that using the exploit I am, PS1 eboots don't run on the Vita (I've tried and no PS1 games ever open successfully).

Also, I use VitaFTP (I think that's what it is called, it's some FTP server application) to move PSP ISOs to my Vita, but I am doing it by using my Wifi connection and to upload the ISOs from my computer to my Vita, it takes a very long time. I'm talking hours for a 400 MB game. This is obviously not very efficient. Is there a better way to transfer PSP ISOs to the Vita? Because of this I have never put a PSP game that is over 1 GB in size on my Vita, because the time it would take to transfer from my computer to my Vita would be ridiculous. Any ideas?

Use VitaFTP with FileZilla, you can achieve average 1.5mb/sec transfer rate

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country

You've always had the option to play PSX games on TN-V. But there is no sound in the PSX games because the Vita lacks the chip the PSP had to emulate the sound.

thebatdadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip Muhammad, I'll be sure to check out FilaZilla in order to get better speeds.

Arizato, is there a guide or site you can link me to that would help me in achieving this? I remember when I first got my Vita I used the same methods to put the PSX games on my Vita as I did with my PSP games, but only the PSP games worked while the PSX games would show up as corrupted. I have since tried to put PSX games on a few times but have never been successful. I was able to run them on my PSP but for some reason I just cannot get them to work on my Vita

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the tip Muhammad, I'll be sure to check out FilaZilla in order to get better speeds.

Arizato, is there a guide or site you can link me to that would help me in achieving this? I remember when I first got my Vita I used the same methods to put the PSX games on my Vita as I did with my PSP games, but only the PSP games worked while the PSX games would show up as corrupted. I have since tried to put PSX games on a few times but have never been successful. I was able to run them on my PSP but for some reason I just cannot get them to work on my Vita

http://wololo.net/2013/12/19/tn-v4-how-to-install-isos-csos-and-ps1-games-installment-2-of-3/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Netscape ftw
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny enough went to download chrome Bing gave error installed Firefox fine
    +1
    Thing is , the videos work fine in the Edge Dev and Canary builds. But whatever the fix they made was, has never been pushed to Beta or Stable builds. Its been that way for as far back as I tested. Which was Edge 84. They are on 125 now.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Yeah, and I was in quite a mood at that time. I would consider choosing Firefox or Opera instead, been using Firefox for over 7 years now than Chrome.
    Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the videos are working fine. Without enough people saying no, they don't work fine, it will never get fixed.
    I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both opening and loading pages.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical support regarding their console family.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell them you downloaded their trailer without permission
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Good one, Ken.
    Right. But they could create a ticket that gets forwarded to the proper team. I think Nintendo would care that their videos aren't working on a major browser
    LOL K3N. HAHAH!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My left eyes hitting random pain for whatever reason allergy cold bring it on
    Dont know why FF is slower on my pc either. Tried all the "speed up firefox" tricks but notta.
    In good news... I get to pick up my kittys ashes today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be a ram stick failing
    Im going right when they open at 8am. Been waiting 2 weeks to get her back
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Chrome is like "BRRRRRRRR" but I dislike the fact it's a powerhouse, and the fact that Manifest v3 exists
    Im not sure if a ram stick has a whole lot to do with your eye. lol :P
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Im not sure if a ram stick has a whole lot to do with your eye. lol :P