Hacking Just got a ps vita for my birthday. What are my hacking options?

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I turned it on and checked the firmware. It's at 3.55. I haven't connected it to the internet yet. Since I know you have to block the automatic updates. I'd like to be able to play digimon story cyber sleuth (main reason I bought it), run emulators, and play psp and ps1 isos. Is any of this possible?

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I turned it on and checked the firmware. It's at 3.55. I haven't connected it to the internet yet. Since I know you have to block the automatic updates. I'd like to be able to play digimon story cyber sleuth (main reason I bought it), run emulators, and play psp and ps1 isos. Is any of this possible?
No, PSP and PS1 isos loading isn't possible with >=3.55.
Your only option is to manually update to 3.60 and install HENkaku (the best option if you're not intressted in PS1/PSP isos btw) which gives you access to the best emulators, homebrew and Vita game backups.

Read this for updating and then visit henkaku.xyz to install HENkaku for emulators on HENkaku look here you may want to take a look at all the amazing games and programs written by the community for Vita here

Happy Birthday :)

Last edited by VitaType,

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
You can play Vita 'backups' on 3.60 only, using HENkaku . Psp isos and psx dont work currently on 3.60 with HENkaku.
There's a tutorial to update to 3.60 manually, head over to wololo.
Also in settings, disable auto update. That should prevent the console from downloading the update.
And uh happy birthday :)

D

Deleted User

No, PSP and PS1 isos loading isn't possible with >=3.55.
Wrong. It's from 3.57 onwards.
For 3.55, you can purchase the Mimina Lyar Chronicles exploit game and install TN-V/ARK for PSP backups. Not too sure about PS1 backups though, as the PSX EBOOTs converted for PSP suck on the Vita...

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wrong. It's from 3.57 onwards.
Oh, sure. There I made a huge mistake, sorry.

@Bryon15 You can find everything needed for PSP/PS1 iso loading on 3.55 here (TN-V or Ark, the main difference is the UI, TN-V looks much better :)).
You have to decide between HENkaku (updating to 3.60) and PSP/PS1 iso loading + VHBL (this allows you some/most emulators from PSP if you get a PSP game on your Vita that you're willed to sacrifice) (stay on 3.55)

You also can stay on 3.55 until PSP/PS1 iso loading is available for 3.60 (the chance is high that this will happen in the comming weeks/month)

Last edited by VitaType,

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. So which is my best option? Stay on 3.55 and buy Mimina Lyar Chronicles, or update to 3.60 and install henkaku? I should mention that I also have a psp. Which is capable of playing psp and ps1 isos. So it's not really a necessity.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you have a PSP I would go for 3.60 the only upside of using TN-V over your PSP is that the games look a slightly better (thanks to a small filter option in the PSP emulator, but nothing what would change alot like PPSSPP does in the graphics department) and you can map the right stick to keys (e.g. L/R or up/down/left/right).

It should be mentioned that HENkaku was released July 29, 2016, don't expect that the emulators already work perfect ;)
You choosed a good time to join the Vita hacking community. Alot is going on, but all is still very new.

I recommend to update to 3.60.

@Tom Bombadildo your signature is truly disturbing, I don't know if I will sleep tonight. :O

Last edited by VitaType,

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use Henkaku. I'm sure it'll get psp support soon. PS1 is a bit trickier but very likely to come along at some point.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got a little problem. I updated to 3.60. I bought digimon story cyber sleuth and downloaded it onto my PS3 (I already did this last week before I even got the vita). When I went to transfer it to my vita, it wouldn't work cause I would have to update the vita to the latest firmware, which I can't do if I wanna use henkaku. What should I do?

Condarkness_XY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got a little problem. I updated to 3.60. I bought digimon story cyber sleuth and downloaded it onto my PS3 (I already did this last week before I even got the vita). When I went to transfer it to my vita, it wouldn't work cause I would have to update the vita to the latest firmware, which I can't do if I wanna use henkaku. What should I do?

I think there is a youtube video about how to circumvent this problem. Though that was made a while back, I'm not sure it would still work. Search something like connect vita to ps3 without update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night