Just got a new wiikey, weird story from seller

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nilsk123, Nov 11, 2007.

Nov 11, 2007
  1. nilsk123
    OP

Newcomer nilsk123 Member

Netherlands
    I was 1 of the people receiving a "check connections" error while updating the wiikey, so I called the guy who originaly put in my wiikey to see if he could check the soldering. ( btw I am 100 percent sure it is no clone because it was put in thefirst week the wiikey was even released, no clones back then ). He opened it up and said: Oh, you have one of the old wiikeys, they have an IC chip on them. He put in a new one ( for free ) and it all works like a charm now, but still I think what he said is a litle weird. i've never heard anything about old wiikey's having different kind of chips on em. It's all atmega8 right.

Or am I wrong.

2. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    afaik there were clones before the original wiikey was released.. so could've been a clone if that's true but glad it's working now [​IMG] AFAIK all real wiikeys were identical and still haven't changed one bit..

3. nilsk123
    OP

Newcomer nilsk123 Member

Netherlands
    how can there have been wiike clones before they released, thats bs

4. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Where'd you have yours done? I'm curious.

5. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Nah probably leaked sourcecodes and stuff. Just like the leaked update before it was released etc. Could've happened, some ppl keep sayin that it did, not sure if it's true.

6. maddk

Newcomer maddk Advanced Member

Brazil
    Never heard about any other kind of chips to... but that might be exactly my problem... Ima change my wiikey this week.