Hacking Just got a New 3DS. Where I can but r4 and which one best?

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can find them on Ebay and and I have an R4i SDHC so I'd recommend it. If you want free 3ds games, check your firmware version and read up in the 3ds section.

abru3012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You think that's the best solution for Roms? Where can I have a look at the firmware version and which one I need for run ROMS?
Can you link me up a guide?
Thanks.

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You think that's the best solution for Roms? Where can I have a look at the firmware version and which one I need for run ROMS?
Can you link me up a guide?
Thanks.
Go to your system settings for firmware version.
For ds roms buy the r4i sdhc, r4i rts, or the r4i gold pro.

Last edited by NintenDavid,

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For 3ds roms, get a sky3ds+, or learn how to softmod if your firmware's 10.7 or below, or 11.0 if you have a prehacked system with fieldrunners or legend of exidia.

Can I ask you what model of 3ds, and the system version you have, abru3012?

abru3012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For 3ds roms, get a sky3ds+, or learn how to softmod if your firmware's 10.7 or below, or 11.0 if you have a prehacked system.

Can I ask you what model of 3ds, and the system version you have, abru3012?
Can't look yet. Is arriving tomorrow. A New 3DS. Which firmware I need to have for run ROMS and there is a way for do a downgrade?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't look yet. Is arriving tomorrow. A New 3DS. Which firmware I need to have for run ROMS and there is a way for do a downgrade?
You want to have a 3DS firmware version of 10.7 or lower in order to downgrade, then follow this guide to set up Homebrew, downgrade your system to 9.2, and set up custom firmware so that you can play 3DS ROMs in .cia format.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3ds+ supports all versions, but costs about 90 dollars, or 68 pounds, so its recommended just to have a softmodded 3ds. If you have a 3ds 10.7 or below, just read above this post.

abru3012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sky3ds+ supports all versions, but costs about 90 dollars, or 68 pounds, so its recommended just to have a softmodded 3ds. If you have a 3ds 10.7 or below, just read above this post.
And this one supports Ds and 3ds Roms? Can I find it on e bay?

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this one supports Ds and 3ds Roms? Can I find it on e bay?
Sky3ds+ supports only 3ds roms. If you want ds roms, buy the r4i gold pro. Also, both are on ebay, though the sky3ds+ is about 120 dollars or 90 pounds, but the r4i gold pro can be found for under 20 dollars, or around 15 pounds. But it's easier just to softmod your 3ds for 3ds games. DS emulation is possible, but it's experimental with no sound.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OR!!!! (and this is a big "or" here)

You could go buy a Gateway Red/Blue cart, arm9loaderhax+GW boot your 3DS and wallah! You now have both a .3DS cart, AND an R4i (.NDS & .GBA) cart!

Otherwise, DSTwo+ ftw.

Screw the .3DS play and retro game (NES/SNES/GBC/GBA/DS/+more!) all the way into heaven. (Say 'hi' to Iwata for me when you you get there! We miss him!)

If you just want .3DS/.CIA get the Sky3DS+. No system hacking required.

Last edited by Osmosis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs