Just got a EZ-Flash 4 lite.

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by 4ppleseed, May 8, 2007.

May 8, 2007

Just got a EZ-Flash 4 lite. by 4ppleseed at 12:28 PM (1,323 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. 4ppleseed
    OP

Member 4ppleseed GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Hiya. I just got a EZ-Flash 4 lite. I had a look on the EZ site and there seems to be updates for EZ3 and EZ5 but not much for EZ4. Not many GBA games are loading and theres a lot of Chinese text so I'm guessing I need to update a few things.

What's the best things for me to do next? Ta! [​IMG]

2. Athlon-pv

Member Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  3. 4ppleseed
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ahhhh yeah! I saw that site ages ago when I was first thinking about getting an EV4lite.

Thanks for showing me again!

4. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Just out of curiosity, what is the compatibilty like for GBA games on the EZF 4? Thinking of getting one just for GBA playback only.

5. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Pretty near perfect compatability. I think classic nes series has some problems (same on all gba carts i believe) and 1 or 2 games have saving problems (ie. advance wars 1) which can be fixed through GBATA patching.
    The Gba loader is solid but hasn't been updated in ages (doesn't really need it)
    No Real Time Clock though.
    There is an 80 file limit (Approx) per folder, including the Saver Folder i believe.
    Norflash memory is a bonus.

Remember the Compact version can't play gba.

6. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Sounds good. But is there any other recommended carts for GBA playback only? I used to own a F2A Ultra and the fact that I can only play, at the most, ONE GBA rom at a time sucked. Then came the M3 and it was awesome but I sold it and got the R4. Now I'm looking for for another GBA cart to finish off Tactics Ogre and FF Tactics and a bunch of other games. Could the EZF IV link up with the R4 so that some DS roms which requires the GBA cart to unlock extras work? Or is there other recommended GBA carts?

7. 4ppleseed
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hiya, now that I've updated the firmware on the card and installed the burning program everything thing seems much better. I got the EZ4lite + 1gb (Japan) Kingston + delivery from sky2k.com for £35.85 and it came in exactly 10 working days.

My idea was to have the R4 in the top for NDS and EZ4lite in the bottom for GBA and rarely have to remove them.

Looking good [​IMG]

8. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Other recommended carts for GBA only? If you don't mind a GBA sized cart then almost any GBA flash cart, unless of course removable media is a requirement. Besides the earliest GBA flash carts, they pretty much all allowed you to put more then one game on them.

In the case of using the EZ4 w/ an R4 to link up... No. BUT you can link DS games and GBA games on the EZ4, so any games you'd want to link to a GBA game would need to be run from there. Your other option for linking on the R4 would be to purchase an EZ 3-in-1 (just the 3-in-1 not the EZ5 bundle).

9. mitch707

Newcomer mitch707 Newbie

United States
    haha omg u will feel my pain that was the worst card i ever had it eventually ended up in breaking my DS trying to get it to work over its crappy contact

10. faceless

Member faceless pink sugar heart attack

United States
    sounds like you got a bad one [​IMG]

mine works fine, and has since i got it 9 months ago

11. 4ppleseed
    OP

United Kingdom
    I must say the build quality is below par but its playing every GBA game I'm throwing at it. I do have a wierd problem with it to do with booting it from the R4 but I'm gonna start a different thread about it.

PLUS it doesn't actualy fit flush to the DSlite, its about 1mm off =/

12. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    About the EZF 3in1 thing it says it has 256mbit storage. Is that 256mbit as in the storage kind or 256mbit as in the size of an average GBA rom? If it's the latter, how many 512mbit GBA roms are there?

13. -EX-

Banned -EX- Racer

Japan
    What? There are no 512Mbit GBA roms. The biggest are 256Mbit (32Mb).

14. shaffaaf27

Member shaffaaf27 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    if you want the best for gba and want a gbs sized cart, the ez3 is the best...

save states, rtc and everything you ever need.

15. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I was really sure there was....

16. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Mbit is typically only used to describe the size of RAM/ROM chips (the chips, not memory sticks like DIMMS) and game carts... Storage is pretty much always described in bytes.

256 Mbit GBA games are not "typical" by any means, there only around a dozen. 64 and 128 Mbit games are far more common. There is no such thing as a 512 Mbit GBA ROM as 256 Mbits is all the GBA can address. The 512 Mbit flash carts use methods such as bank switching and file systems to break that barrier, something you will not see in a retail cart.

17. ron555

Member ron555 GBAtemp Fan

I have this R4/EZ4 lite combination and it's the best I've seen yet. I got it from Winsunx 6 months back.

Before I purchased it, I asked around about EZ-IV's GBA compatibility, since I was afraid it would suck like the M3/G6 GBAs' compat.

No problems so far! Almost 99% of my games work and only a few of the games out of 160 (best games) i've tried don't work!

If a game doesn't work, transfer it to NOR memory and see if it works then

18. 4ppleseed
    OP

United Kingdom
    You do? Don't suppose you can help me with this R4/EZ4 combo question?
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=50803&hl=