Hacking Just got a DS LITE!

Satummoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently sold my DS "phat" for 110$ bundled with Metriod on ebay and havn't played a DS for about 2 months (college). I just ordered a new black DS lite on ebay for 120 shipped and got saturday. I love it! No dead pixals and the difference is amazing between the original and the lite. I'm glad I waited for all the "kinks" to get worked out and got the black. The old version did feel more sturdy though, but the lite is still very well worth it. Any accesories you guys recomend? I know I should get a hori screen protector, and maybe a case or something. What do you guys think?

D

Deleted User

You should get yourself one of these -> Hori Multi Pouch.
I got the compact and the multi pouch but the multi pouch really is the better one; absolutely everything you'll need while on the go fits inside nicely (got 7 ds games, Daigasso expansion pack, Hori 'Cleaning Cloth DSLite', a Hori 'Touch Pen Lock' and a comfort stylus packed in).
smile.gif

Tamyu

Trophies
Website
tamyu.net
XP
Country
I personally *highly* recommend this: http://www.cybergadget.co.jp/product/Pds/s_jacket.html

I have a white lite so the problem wasn`t as bad, but you can REALLY see the oil from your hands on the black one. A normal case is great and all - I keep mine in a normal case, but with this on it too - but it won`t protect it from hand-oil! Plus the squishy silicone just feels really nice to hold.

Satummoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Noly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Tamyu

Trophies
Website
tamyu.net
XP
Country
In terms of the quality of the silicone case, is it any good? I've heard from quite a few people that some silicone cases are hit and miss. Either the case is awesome fantastic, or its an utter piece of garbage. Where would this one fit?

Being as I am personally strongly recommending this specific model, I think you should be able to guess the answer to that.
tongue.gif

Tamyu

Trophies
Website
tamyu.net
XP
Country
haha touche.

I'm concerned about the so-called black silicon case.. it looks awfully grey to me...

gah, decisions to make. The rubberized Custom Jacket looks pretty promising as well.

The custom jacket is a bit weird, and it covers up the speakers. I personally don`t like it`s design.

As for the greyness, well, it is partially transparent black - which means the white of the DS they have it on shows through. It is a bit greyish, but I think it would look a lot better on an actual black DS.

coobico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In terms of the quality of the silicone case, is it any good? I've heard from quite a few people that some silicone cases are hit and miss. Either the case is awesome fantastic, or its an utter piece of garbage. Where would this one fit?

Being as I am personally strongly recommending this specific model, I think you should be able to guess the answer to that.
tongue.gif

nice, glad i saw this thread. do those cyber gadget cases sit very snug over the unit? there aren't any spots where the silicone is raised off of the surface are there? i just don't want any crap building up in between the case and the unit. thanks!

Tamyu

Trophies
Website
tamyu.net
XP
Country
nice, glad i saw this thread. do those cyber gadget cases sit very snug over the unit? there aren't any spots where the silicone is raised off of the surface are there? i just don't want any crap building up in between the case and the unit. thanks!

It doesn`t have any gaps for me. The thing is pretty much snug, and I haven`t had any trouble with dust getting on to the actual DS. (Then again, it`s snug enough that I`ve never had reason to take it off and check.)

96hondaex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nice, glad i saw this thread. do those cyber gadget cases sit very snug over the unit? there aren't any spots where the silicone is raised off of the surface are there? i just don't want any crap building up in between the case and the unit. thanks!

The one I bought fits perfectly tight, no raised areas of the surface at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night