Hacking Just got a DS Lite

denzilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a lite for my B-Day and want to treat it right. I bought some DS Lite specific screen protection film from www.shieldzone.com. This stuff is supposed to be the best there is and after watching a guy rape his ipod using a key while protected with this stuff, I was sold. The iPod suffered no damage from the key rakes. Anyway, after getting my hands on the Lite, I'm somewhat skeptical as to whether I even need to use the film. The stylus has a soft head and other than fingerprints, I can't imagine anything else happening to the screen. Nintendo's website claims that using protective film will reduce the sensitivity of the screen. Anyone care to comment on that? Also, the film comes with an application spray that must be placed on film which makes me worry about possible excess liquid seeping into the inards of the DS. Gotta let the DS sit for 24Hrs after application, which sucks a bit.

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
After looking at that invisibile shield site/video, I'm tempted to buy one. That's pure insanity. I'm going to call the guys up later next week to find out if it affects the touch pad sensitivity. Those protectors are quite thick, so I have a feeling it would cause some issues...

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
after watching a guy rape his ipod using a key while protected with this stuff, I was sold.

happy.gif

pirate_arrh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I had one on my 60g colour ipod. They are wicked and perform as they say. But mine went discoloured around the edges, so i ended up taking it off.

akuma99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well for me at least I have never used screen protectors. I have a normal DS and DS Lite and I have no scratches on them. I guess it is just a matter of personal preference. I just have never liked them the ones I have tried don't go on very well or look good after I put them on so I ended up taking them back off. Some people swear by them, I went to the launch party for the Lite and saw people putting them on before they even turned their DS on. With the DS it closes when you're not using it so it really isn't exposed when you carry is around plus the stylus has a nice tip on it so unless you are crazy when using it it will be ok. These are just my experience's with them you may end up liking yours.

denzilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'm gonna apply this shield and see how it performs. Sucks that I must leave the thing alone for 24hrs while the film sets up.

pirate_arrh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Nintendo recomends that you don't use a protector on the top screen. Invisa-shield (or what ever its called), is good, but like i said if you have curved edges it can get dirt under there and go a bit gross.

My mates nano has one and its better bc its not curved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment