Hardware Just got a 3DS - Worth updating?

Anous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I just got my pre-used 3DS, Ocarina of Time 3DS and an Acekard 2i. The question is, is it worth to not update it so I can use the Acekard? Should I update now and then get a Supercard dstwo later on? Mmngmnghgm can't decide! The only game I want to play with the acekard is really just soul silver and perhaps some zelda games, and I doubt I'll play that too much.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
That depends on the 3DS firmware. The Acekard 2i can only support the 3DS upto a certain firmware anyways.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader

If your 3DS has a firmware higher than what the AK2i supports, your going to have to wait until your SCDS2 shows up if you want to use a flashcart.

If your not downloading anything from the eShop, you shouldn't waste your time updating the 3DS to a future firmware that can render any flashcart you got useless for the time being.

Anous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got the 3DS used, so I knew the Acekard was going to work. The 3DS is on firmware 4.0. I'd however like to download demos and schtuff, but well well. That would render the acekard useless, not that I'd like to play regular DS games that badly. I mean, I got a 3DS after all. Mgnmgnhm can't decide.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
best option is to drop the Acekard, or give it away so stash it somewhere, or buy a cheap DS Phat or Lite online, due to flashcards running only in DS Mode they dont run any better on a DSLite or Phat in comparison to a 3DS or buy a new flashcard that run on the latest 3DS firmware (i would recommend a dstwo or r4ids.cn r4i gold 3DS)

Anous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll most likely update as the old DS games doesn't interest me at all. Perhaps I could sell it :3 It has an 8 GB memory caaaaard....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended