Hacking Just got a 3DS looking to buy a flashcard

vodoochild81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if you want to have the latest update so u can play the 3ds online, basically you can forget about a flash cart? Idk why I bought this thing... I have way better games to play on my DS.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rockerflare said:
Before I begin, I live in New York in the United States.
So I just got a 3DS running version 2.0 yesterday as a graduation present.
I've been researching and researching and researching the flashcards for the 3DS and I'm very overwhelmed with the information.

I've learned to not update to 2.1 yet until I get a card since the card cannot be updated properly on the 2.1 version. So I'm holding off on that. Mainly I'm just very confused on:
1) where do I buy a flashcard, I've been looking at acekard 2i (which their website is so conveniently not working at the moment), the r4 card and others. I cannot find a reputable website that sells any of these. I live in New York, USA. So I'm trying to find one that will send to me fairly quick within a week or two. I would also like it to come with a microsd card, microsd card reader (USB or SD) and the flashcard itself.
2) do the cards work with the 3DS?
3) if they end up hacking the 3DS and learning how to fully utilize the 3D will the existing cards be able to be updated or will I have to buy an entirely different card? (I understand if this cannot be answered now since no one really knows about the 3DS status)
4) is there any lag or any graphic loss when using the flashcards?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I'm so new to this and I'm very eager to buy one.
I'm very sorry if these questions have been asked before I just feel safer asking these now instead of reading a thread that's over a year old with outdated information.
I live right outside New York, and have years of experience with flashcarts.
1) If you don't care for money, get a DSTWO. It plays GBA games, more reliable, SNES games, and more support. If you want something cheaper that plays only DS games and homebrew/couple emulators, just go with the Acekard 2i. Personally, I think the DSTwo is worth every penny, if not more.

Order from leetmod.com. I've ordered from so many sites, and if you live in the US/our region, it is so ridiculously fast. Almost every site ships from Hong Kong, so it will takes weeks to get. Leetmod takes 3-5 days, and I've ordered from them many times. Carts are always legit too. (Sorry if this is considered advertising. I'm really just trying to help him).
2) Yes. Both carts do. You may have to update them.
3) Cannot be answered now. Most likely no.
4) Nope.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vodoochild81 said:
so if you want to have the latest update so u can play the 3ds online, basically you can forget about a flash cart?
As long as you have a flashcart that receives regular firmware updates, such as the Acekard 2i, then it is pretty easy to have the latest updates and play DS backups.

vodoochild81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
vodoochild81 said:
so if you want to have the latest update so u can play the 3ds online, basically you can forget about a flash cart?
As long as you have a flashcart that receives regular firmware updates, such as the Acekard 2i, then it is pretty easy to have the latest updates and play DS backups.

I thought the new firmwares block out ALL flash carts? Can the Acecard also play stuff off the eshop? LIke cave story? Would my save files from my R4 transfer over?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vodoochild81 said:
I thought the new firmwares block out ALL flash carts?Flashcarts like the Acekard 2i can be updated to work despite DSi and 3DS firmware updates.

vodoochild81 said:
Can the Acecard also play stuff off the eshop? LIke cave story?The Acekard 2i, although it works on the 3DS, can only play regular Nintendo DS games. It is currently impossible to play Nintendo 3DS backups.

QUOTE(vodoochild81 @ Jun 24 2011, 08:38 PM)
Would my save files from my R4 transfer over?
Yes.

Rogue_Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live Ny and ordered from realhotstuff and had no problems. Just a funny story.

So I'm placing my order and enter my expiration date wrong a few time by mistake. So I get it right finally and place order. Next day wife is going to pay bill Online. Card doesn't go through gives an error. So I think nothing of it and put it Off till later. So then I try hitting the ATM no luck doesn't work. Later my wife goes to use it doesn't work. So she calls the bank which put a freeze on it because of my mistake. They make my wife verify the company name of the charge. Which to a women who doesn't know what Realhotstuff sells it can be akward and embarrassing.

Rockerflare

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aha, Rogue_Ninja that's actually really funny, hopefully your wife knew what realhotstuff was!
Thank you everyone for all of your help.

@Brandonspikes, thank you for that Freeshipping link for RHS. I ended up spending a meer 32$ for a MicroSD Card, the reader and the AceKard because of your recommendation with newegg. I cannot wait to receive my orders!

@Lacius, thank you for clearing up all of my concerns so easily
smile.gif

I actually just purchased Zelda and Ridge Racer so I'm keeping myself busy until my Acekard comes.

vodoochild81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
vodoochild81 said:
I thought the new firmwares block out ALL flash carts?Flashcarts like the Acekard 2i can be updated to work despite DSi and 3DS firmware updates.

vodoochild81 said:
Can the Acecard also play stuff off the eshop? LIke cave story?The Acekard 2i, although it works on the 3DS, can only play regular Nintendo DS games. It is currently impossible to play Nintendo 3DS backups.

QUOTE(vodoochild81 @ Jun 24 2011, 08:38 PM)
Would my save files from my R4 transfer over?
Yes.

So ace cards do not play the games that u had to buy on the DSi like cave story? You have to buy those? Where can I get a good price on an AceCard..maybe I should get one anyways because I have that hinge problem with my R4..this way I can use it on my DSlite and 3ds.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vodoochild81 said:
So ace cards do not play the games that u had to buy on the DSi like cave story? You have to buy those?Correct.

QUOTE(vodoochild81 @ Jun 24 2011, 10:20 PM) Where can I get a good price on an AceCard..maybe I should get one anyways because I have that hinge problem with my R4..this way I can use it on my DSlite and 3ds.
Check ShopTemp for a list of good sites to buy an Acekard 2i. If you look futher back in this thread, you will see that some recommendations have already been made.

lpm98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my favorite flash card for the 3ds is the r4i gold 3ds (r4ids.cn). it has good features and a great price. it works on the newest 3ds update. a good plce to order it from is digitopz.com because they have free shipping and are trustworthy. you an order it with a micro sd card that will work in the 3ds out of the box

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NDS-Gear is also one of the 'gbatemp trusted' shops, they ship for about 3$ in the USA so you can expect it in ~1.5 week. They only sell Acekard 2is though so if you wanted a supercard you will have to pick another shop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte