Hacking just got a 3ds and want a dstwo but have a few questions

goosemontana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i just got my 3ds and its great so far but i need a flashcart and i heard that the dstwo could emulate gba games. i was wondering if it will emulate gba games on the 3ds and also i traded in my dslite to get my 3ds but i do have an original ds, can i use that to flash the dstwo? thanks

goosemontana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
Regardless of what others say and said, it is, I repeat, generally a bad idea to use flash carts on a 3DS at this time.

ok ya i was kinda worried about that i guess ill wait until a safe flashcart is released later on, thanks for the replies anyway

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
Regardless of what others say and said, it is, I repeat, generally a bad idea to use flash carts on a 3DS at this time.
Given that it will show up in the activity log as a legitimate game cart, I fail to see how it's dangerous. If it WAS being detected, they'd just block it in the first place.

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:

Every time I see a response like this, it makes me want to bang my head against a wall. I'm using a DSTwo right now in my 3DS. Hell, I even updated the 3DS with the DSTwo in it, and nothing happened. The same goes for my friend too, who is using an EZVi. There is no magic bricking, as it would be illegal. I thought that Rydian would have gotten this silly notion out of the way by now, as he already explained it's downright and flat out against the law for them to brick a 3DS.

I intend no offense to you, but rather offense to these comments, as they're getting pretty annoying by now. This entire brick rumor was started by an anonymous tip on a crappy blog site. Using my super detective skills, I can be led to believe either:

1.) Nintendo started it as a fear tactic
2.) One of those goofs that hates pirates with a passion started it.
3.) Some random guy did it for the lulz.

QUOTEGiven that it will show up in the activity log as a legitimate game cart, I fail to see how it's dangerous. If it WAS being detected, they'd just block it in the first place.

For those of you who are paranoid about it, you can do a complete erase of the 3DS's logs, so I wouldn't worry about that either.

goosemontana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Verack said:
WiiBricker said:

Every time I see a response like this, it makes me want to bang my head against a wall. I'm using a DSTwo right now in my 3DS. Hell, I even updated the 3DS with the DSTwo in it, and nothing happened. The same goes for my friend too, who is using an EZVi. There is no magic bricking, as it would be illegal. I thought that Rydian would have gotten this silly notion out of the way by now, as he already explained it's downright and flat out against the law for them to brick a 3DS.

I intend no offense to you, but rather offense to these comments, as they're getting pretty annoying by now. This entire brick rumor was started by an anonymous tip on a crappy blog site. Using my super detective skills, I can be led to believe either:

1.) Nintendo started it as a fear tactic
2.) One of those goofs that hates pirates with a passion started it.
3.) Some random guy did it for the lulz.

QUOTEGiven that it will show up in the activity log as a legitimate game cart, I fail to see how it's dangerous. If it WAS being detected, they'd just block it in the first place.

For those of you who are paranoid about it, you can do a complete erase of the 3DS's logs, so I wouldn't worry about that either.

i wasnt afraid about the logs not allowing me to trade it in, since i probably wont trade it in anyways. one thing i noticed today tho is that i dont think gamestop or other stores really have a way to check the logs anyways. i had to take back my original 3ds to get it replaced because there was a piece of dust between the touch screen and the display and the guy didnt check any logs or anything he just went to the back and got me a new one. the thing i was worried about is if Nintendo could block online play or other features in the future mostly.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Verack said:
WiiBricker said:
Every time I see a response like this, it makes me want to bang my head against a wall
realqo.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: