Just got a 1st Gen Chinese R4. Mod it to Engish?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by lanleague, Mar 7, 2007.

1. lanleague
    OP

Member lanleague GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just got this and have no idea how to solder. Is there any important reason to change it to an English model? I'm going to download a new skin that is in English.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Don't bother with the region mod. There are no menus to deal with, and very little text. The filenames will be the same as they are on your computer, and that's the only text that matters.

3. fli_guy84

Member fli_guy84 GBAtemp Fan

Malaysia
    Can't you just use a conductive pen to trace a line on the contacts? Would that work?

4. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    i guess if it has a fine point. pharoaohsvizier just buy one there 15AUD here for a 25 watt and 5AUD fro a fine tip

5. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    If it is one of the old ones with the pads, a conductive pen would work fine, wouldn't even really need to be a fine tipped one. Just make sure to let it set for at least 7 minutes after application. To remove it you just scrape it off or use a qtip with some solvent like alcohol. Only reason I can see to do it would be because the chinese updates are a tad more difficult to track down, and may be on servers that are really slow to your location.