Just got a 16G (2GB) Firecard from DealExtreme.

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Resident0, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Resident0
    OP

Member Resident0 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Apparently it's really easy to use and needs only a quick setup before you can have it all up and running, which is great, I got tired of waiting for DE to get R4/Acekard back in stock so went for a Firecard instead.

One thing I wanna know is, do you absolutely have to have the little DS Lite card in the bottom all the time or can you just put the card in, flash the games to it, then remove the card and put the dust cover/rumble pak back on?

Plus does it work well with Nintendo Wi-Fi or is that not working very well?

I paid [EDIT: Payed?? OMG My spelling!] the extra $16 for EMS shipping mostly because it's about £8 in GBP and I couldn't get a box from Newcastle shipped to me for less than that!

Also i got a PS3, so if the Mini-USB cable has a problem with it, I'll use my PSP Mini-USB cable for it or my camera!

Just wondering what you guys thought of it, the reviews on DE seem pretty positive and everything seems to work so far on it, even Castlevania: PoR which repeatedly froze up for me on my old chunky Supercard SD and 1GB Ultra II SD card.

Here's hoping I actually recieve my item this time, also how long does the EMS shipping take from them?

[​IMG]

2. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    not something i would have chosen but your money...

3. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    Ya, it is extremely easy to use and after you are done with writing the games, you can take out the flash GBA cartridge and just put the dust cover. Have fun. [​IMG]

This however, intrigues me. I would never, in my entire life consider a PS3 but whatever, that should be a discussion for another day.....

4. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    id pick a ps3 over a 360 tho simply cause of the failure rate of the 360s, i know the ps3 isnt much better and is extremely expensive but....well i dunno what my point is, id go for a wii anyways....

5. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    The defective rates? You can just exchange them.

6. naes

Member naes GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I personally think the PS3 is better than the 360, but whatever.