Just Found a 5.5.1 Version of SDCafiine, but...

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Mattshark, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Mattshark
    OP

Mattshark GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2015
    United States
    Here it is, but I do have a question first:

https://github.com/wiiudev/SDCafiine

Could this be run on a 5.5.1 WiiU console with the current Browser Exploits, or are the meager permissions given by the publicly available hacks not enough to actually use this?

(Also, if someone would like to test it, there's a compiled version by @soniczx123 )

2. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    My Computer
    Yeah, unfortunately we can't use this on 5.5.1 yet. We still need a kernel exploit for 5.5.1 to be able to use apps such as this one.
    A kernel exploit for 5.5.1 does currently exist, but it's private. When will it be released? Who knows. We can only hope it's soon though.

3. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    There's a lot of homebrew for 5.5.1 already. It's no secret. We've known about SDCafiine and even Loadiine and HBL. They are all ready for 5.5.1. You cannot do anything with them though until a public kexploit is released.

4. Mattshark
    OP

Mattshark GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2015
    United States
    I knew they already ported pretty much everything to the exploit; I was just unsure why they released the source code to this, possibly revealing the exploit to Nintendo. That's why I had this question.

Thanks for the info!