Just flashed

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by h8uthemost, Sep 14, 2007.

Sep 14, 2007

Just flashed by h8uthemost at 12:17 AM (1,187 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. h8uthemost
    OP

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hey guys,

I just successfully flashed my Lite. But being new to flashme, I might have installed the wrong version.

I installed the normal version of flashme v8a. But when I have a slot 2 cart in my Lite, the DS boots straight to the slot 2, anot the slot 1 cart, which I wanted it to.

And I know all I have to do is hold Select at boot up then the DS boots to the slot 1. But with a cart like the CycloDS, holding Select boots that carts recovery mode.

So, is the No autoboot version of flashme what I'm wanting? If I install the No autoboot version, will the DS boot straight to the slot 1 cart, even if a slot 2 cart is in the DS?

Also, will I have to short the SL1 again to install the No autoboot version over the normal version, or can I just run No autoboot from my slot 1 and it will just overwrite the normal version?

One more thing, on the flashme site, next to the No autoboot version the words (stealth) are there. So its says No autoboot(steath). So, if I install this, will it still take away the Health & Warning screen?

Thank you for any help. I'll really appreciate it.

2. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Stealth means that it leaves the Warning screen intact.

No Autoboot means it defaults to Slot-1 like the normal DS firmware.

3. h8uthemost
    OP

United States
    Damn, so why he make a stealth version of No autoboot, but not a version that takes away the Health & Warning screen.

Thanks for the info. I still have the question will have to short the SL1 one again to do this?

I'm not sure if flashme will just overwite a previous version of flashme without having to short.

Thanks.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    You'll notice that on the page, the "No autoboot (stealth)" text consists of two separate links. "No autoboot" gives you regular FlashMe without the slot-2 booting (removes the warning screen) while "(stealth)" is the same thing but with the warning screen left intact. The version you want is http://home.comcast.net/~olimar/flashme/flashme_noauto.nds

You might be able to do it without re-shorting, you might not. I usually don't have to re-short when going from Stealth to Non-Stealth and back on my DS Phat, but newer DS Lites protect a much larger portion of the firmware under the SL-1 contact, so you might need to short it again. Just get the tools ready and be prepared to do it over if you need to.

5. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
    The no Autoboot is just what you need with a CycloDS and a G6 lite ;-)
    With automatic mode check in the options from the DS you will boot straight to Slot1. With Start you've got the DS menu in a second ( without the annoying screen ) , select boot to G6 lite and with no card in slot 1 you can even boot to GBA mode ( in automatic mode ) or the DS menu ( depending on option from the DS ) ( or you can still select to boot with G6 in DS mode )

You must (?) eventually short again since there is a protected area ( reason why you can recover from a brick ) ... anyway be ready... and relax the noisy V8a is safer than the previously released firmwares ;-)

6. h8uthemost
    OP

United States
    Nice, thank you for the replies Dan and GHOST.

Yeah, I actually noticed that no autoboot and stealth was two separate links. And I did have to short the SL1 again.

It was kind of weird, I put the no autoboot onto my microsd, then I started it on my Lite. But instead of the progress being at 0%(where it was the first time I flashed it with normal flashme), the progress meter was at 66%. So it only took about five seconds for it to flash the rest of the way.

You know, it took me months to finally get the courage to flash my DS. And here I"ve done it twice in one day, and it was easy as hell. With the foil and tape around the toothpick, there is no room for the toothpick to move around in that hole. So I don't see how people touch that other screw and brick their DS's.

Anyways, thank you for the info. I really appreciate it.

7. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
    Nice report Fine ;-)