Gaming Just finished Ni No Kuni... [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bought this a year ago and beat it today, finally.

Wow... I really love this game for it's graphics, the Studio Ghibli artstyle and cutscenes, the music and the story... Up until you defeated Shadar that is. The game just felt awfully rushed after that, especially the ending.

Read up about the matter online and it seems the DS version (Which is exclusive to Japan) ends after the battle with Shadar which would be the perfect ending in my opinion, could even make it kind of a cliffhanger for a possible sequel.

I had a problem with these things:
1. We got no explanation how Cassiopea learned the manna-spell, who teached it to her? If she read it somewhere then why would the text lie about what the spell did?

2. No explanation why my partymembers couldn't see Pea in Motorville even though it had no real effect on the story except that the partymembers were always asking who Oliver was talking to.

3. Cassiopea almost destroyed the world twice and killed countless people only to be forgiven instantly and plans to make it up to everyone by making things better, starting with planting flowers? What?!

4. The ending was incredibly short and rushed and I really dislike when RPGs do that, especially when I grow to like the characters and want to see what they are doing some time after their adventure. They talk to Cassiopea about planting flowers, fly away on Tengri and then credits. There's a very short scene after the credits where Oliver walks into his house, telling himself that he will move on but nothing after that.

5. No Studio Ghibli animations in the ending? Probably another sign that the last part added in the PS3 version was rushed.

Now, don't get me wrong: I really loved playing through this game, much of it captured the essence of playing older JRPGs. This game was much what I wanted Final Fantasy XIII to be: Great characters, story that is easy to understand and relatable, world map with several traveling options like boat, flight and teleporting (Seriously, where are the world maps nowadays?) and an interesting battle system.

It was sad leaving the characters I came to know and love. Anyone else getting this feeling when they finish an RPG?

Anyway, I can't be the only one to dislike this ending, right?

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually haven't played it but I would like to know on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being best 1 being worst how much did you enjoy it? Considering playing it myself.

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually haven't played it but I would like to know on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being best 1 being worst how much did you enjoy it? Considering playing it myself.

I'd say 7, but close to 8. The story and the music makes most of the experience. You really feel for Oliver when he loses his mother in the beginning of the game and you want to see him succeed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1