Just Dance 2 freezing with USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by KTac, Jul 27, 2011.

Jul 27, 2011
  1. KTac
    OP

Newcomer KTac Newbie

United States
    I just started playing Just Dance 2 (I know I'm late to the party). I've always used USB Loader GX for all my games and I've never had a problem. I'm on firmware 4.3U, softmodded. I hadn't touched my Wii in a while so when I first tried to play the game 2 days ago I had Waninkoko's cIOS r21 installed along with Hermes cIOS 5.1 and I was running USB Loader GX v2.0. The game would freeze up randomly, sometimes right at the loading screen, sometimes a few seconds into a song, sometimes after a few songs. I tried upgrading everything to the latest versions so now I'm on cIOSX rev21d2x v6, Rodries mod of Hermes cIOS 5.1 and USB Loader GX v2.2. However the game still freezes randomly. Please help! TIA.

2. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    were is the d2x sitting? 249/56 or 250/56? an in cfg it doesn't freeze for me playing on 250/56.. try a different loader gx is a little flaky.

3. KTac
    OP

Newcomer KTac Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the reply. Right now d2x is on 249/56. I hate to give up GX, it has my favorite UI of all the loaders but I'll give CFG a try.

4. KTac
    OP

Newcomer KTac Newbie

United States
    I just tested it with CFG USB Loader 70 and had the same results. Where should I go from here?

5. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Does the retail disc work okay?

6. shortz1994

United States
    no i don't think he even has the "retail".. if he had retail it would be working. i never have had a "bad" dump.( knock on wood.)
    mine works just fine. son just danced to kriss kross. jump, an i missed the bus. lol.. oooooold school. when it was good.

7. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    If he has GX, bad dumps aren't that uncommon, at least with older versions.

8. KTac
    OP

Newcomer KTac Newbie

United States
    I don't have the disc.

9. shortz1994

United States
    wow. what a surprise.. (NOT).. oh well no help here, figure it out on your own..
    ::thinking to myself, damn pirates, no wonder the dev's don't really do any thing, anymore. an games are 60$ a pop. cause of dumb asses.::

10. KTac
    OP

Newcomer KTac Newbie

United States
    Spare us your sanctimoniousness, please. My interest in this game is that my wife and I thought it would be a fun way to exercise and I have every intention of purchasing it if it is good. As I said earlier I've only been playing the game (or attempting to play it) for 2 days now and I can't properly evaluate the game if the most I've ever gotten it to play was 2 and a half songs. Don't be so quick to label someone a pirate. The entire warez scene was started largely as a means for people to truly and fully evaluate software without any limitations before purchasing it. And let's not kid ourselves, at least from a legal perspective a large part of what this forum deals with is warez. Besides, even after I purchase the game I still intend to dump it and play it via a usb loader. If your intention wasn't to help with the issue at hand then you shouldn't have bothered commenting. If you're really concerned about the devs and want to help them make a sale then help me figure this out. If anyone still has something helpful to say on the original topic I'm listening appreciatively.

11. shortz1994

United States
    have you heard of game fly dude, perfect way to "test games" or your local pawn shop, the one closest to my house has a copy of this game for 10$. or hit craigslist.. an no it's not about making a "sale".. i don't make or the dev's (i'm not even close to being as good) make any money.(unless you donate). i had all intentions of helping you play this game if it is legit. but it's a torrent or what ever. plus it's in the rules of this site when you join. an all this wasn't started to pirate games. it started to see what could be done to make a system more fun an better. so like i said go find the game from a local retailer. then you will not have these problems. an if you do have them, then you could get help. lucky i said it in a nice way, there are some on here who would have went off, an been a lot meaner, then i was. have a nice day. [​IMG]